Loach

Shrimp Tank Photo Thread

Loach
Nice tank Nolan. Cardinal tetras are awesome too' date=' so much better than the weak diseased neons that seem to be around now.[/quote']

oi! lol

Dont diss the neons ;)

fishmosy
Don't diss the neons ;)

I like neons too, but cardinals are better.

Neons by comparison look like they ran out of red halfway through.

nolanlll

yup, i agree ,Neon is relatively weaker and easier to died , i donno why

now i got 12 of Cardinal tetras and they living fine and schooling :)

This thread is about shrimp tank , so i better back to topic :stupid:

It' s my shrimp tank before it close down a month ago

IMG_9692.jpg

• Like 2

Loach

This thread is about shrimp tank ' date= so i better back to topic :stupid:

LUSH is the word :)

fishmosy

Wow nice, love the branches. Notice you dont have strainers on the intake pipes for your (eheim?) filters? Did you have trouble with shrimp disappearing?

nolanlll
Wow nice' date=' love the branches. Notice you dont have strainers on the intake pipes for your (eheim?) filters? Did you have troulbe with shrimp disappearing?[/quote']

the LHS one is outtake pipe, RHS is the intake with strainers

fishmosy
the LHS one is outtake pipe' date=' RHS is the intake with strainers[/quote']

Should have looked closer, obvious now you've pointed it out.

Triggs

This is my tank before it all started growing in etc. I've since removed the rush and re-arranged the Anubias nana petites and given the moss rock central position to the left. Will update photos when my Camera gets fixed. Cheers

img1196ir.jpg

Loach
GoldenBee.jpgADAMINISAugust19thFTS.jpg

fishmosy

Nice tank loach, how many shrimp are in the tank? I find more every time I try to count.

Loach

Thanks fishmosy,

There are 12 shrimp in there. No deaths so far :)

Triggs

My tank update: 10 weeks later.

img0012xo.jpg

fishmosy
Thanks fishmosy' date='

There are 12 shrimp in there. No deaths so far :)[/quote']

Damn, I only found 10. Your tank is a 'wheres wally' with shrimp :encouragement:

Loach
Damn' date=' I only found 10. Your tank is a 'wheres wally' with shrimp :encouragement:[/quote']

Yes it is, but 10 out of 12 is pretty good :)

Trav80

Wow, I love looking at what others have done with their shrimp tanks (and rooms).

Here is my CRS tank, its a 45cm cube with UpAqua Shrimp Sand. Its pretty plain I know and I should have cleaned the front glass. It used to have a lot of java moss but it all started to go brown so I pulled it out.

post-12-13990985736_thumb.jpg

After speaking with dean I have just cleaned out another 45cm cube and set it up again. However this time I have used benibachi a made sure to use a much thicker layer. Just waiting for the cycle to finish before I add anything to the tank, hopefully it will be done in a few days as the media was already well seeded.

post-167-139909857363_thumb.jpg

They are nothing to look at compared to all of the tanks in this thread, I prefer my tanks to be simple with only one or two kinds of moss and a few places for the shrimp to hide.

post-258-139909845927_thumb.jpg

post-258-139909845932_thumb.jpg

post-258-139909845937_thumb.jpg

Loach

Is this a 50cm cube?

Trav80

Whoops, they are both 45cm cubes. I have 4 in total.

Loach
Whoops' date=' they are both 45cm cubes. I have 4 in total.[/quote']

Nice, great size too! Cant wait to see shrimp in there :)

lachie1998
DSCN4137.jpg

Loach

Looking great Lachie! Is that hairgrass thats sprouting everywhere?

lachie1998

yep heaps of it also some other kind of ground cover that can be seen at the front.

Matt_95
yep heaps of it also some other kind of ground cover that can be seen at the front.

It's lilasopsis brasiliensis.

lachie1998

thanks matt!:cheerful:

Kev

My shrimps tank.

6FDA46C9-FDB8-47B9-8253-15114DE88D87-4501-000005C660CCFD58.jpg

• Like 2

Loach

Very Lush Kev! The crinum is awesome and im sure your shrimps love it in there :)