Sign in to follow this  
Loach

Shrimp Tank Photo Thread

amkr

here my only tank, I guess it classifies as a shrimp tank as it has shrimp in it :p

Will be viewed front on and side on from the bed.

Front On

img1419xf.jpg

Side on

img1428p.jpg

One of my free inhabitants.

1369534784804.jpg

Quality of scape and shrimp is pretty average compared to what I see around here, but its my first real attempt at aquascaping and the first time I've had any shrimps so its a start :)

JPN07

Looks awesome amkr. Love the scape, especially the cave/river/road in the middle.

torface

Mark, that is an awesome first attempt at aquascaping! Much better than mine!!

Aquathumb

Defiantly not an average scape! looks great you seem to have a talent for aquascaping if this was your first try!

OzShrimp

Looks great, definitely doesn't look like a first attempt. I am with Aquathumb you got a talent

ineke

Great tank Mark :encouragement:

amkr

Cheers guys, you're all too kind!

Squiggle

Awesome first attempt dude, you've really got a flair for scaping, that river bed & cave looks like it's been there for thousands of years, can't wait to see your next effort :victorious:

ninja
My shrimps tank.

6FDA46C9-FDB8-47B9-8253-15114DE88D87-4501-000005C660CCFD58.jpg

Yummy!

• Like 1

amkr

Heres a few of the new guys cruising around, photo quality sucks. Zoomed iphone :(

1369711642108.jpg1369711422826.jpg1369664243926.jpg

Squiggle

Very nice dude, they look cool, well done! :victorious:

torface

Awesome Mark :encouragement: I hope they do well for you!

amkr

Cheers guys.

I'm interested to see how the CRS survive the tank, they seem happy enough at the moment. If they do okay in the water then I'll look at adding a few males in to seed the population.

jrc693
Looking good Justin' date=' but didn't you end up with a rack system?[/quote']

Nah not yet doron, uni has been too crazy at the moment, im gona start it in the holidays, just need to make rack got everything else!

b00f

Just saw this picture.... 3-4g running all these breeders...

sqjko7.jpg

Now I am thinking about tearing down my 2 foot, and covering it in breeder boxes.

Only thing that stops me is the noise of these. There has to be a quieter, and simpler way.

• Like 2

Squiggle

That's a pretty crazy way the effectively use limited space, very ingenious! :encouragement:

Adro

Ok, I am officially motivated, supposed to be up early for work, but now i will be reading posts all night and planning my first set up, I have a 3x2 ready to go, must go and read posts about setting it up now :encouragement:

ellasfish

A pic of my Shrimp Tank.

post-3710-139909855368_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Squiggle

Very nice tank, thanks for sharing! :encouragement:

viridisornatus

You may be able to run the breeder boxes with a customised spray bar on a powerhead, possibly quieter than air-driven. Personally I'd be afraid of so many boxes breaking even a bigger tank. I'm planning to make a large divided box for inside the tank with a spraybar.

Kev

Bump!!!

Jimmynich

My 4 foot divided breeder :)

post-722-139984528741_thumb.jpg

Squiggle

Love your work dude, looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it teeming with shrimp! :D

Jimmynich

Love your work dude, looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it teeming with shrimp! :D

You and me both mate! Glad I've taken my time with it though! Starting to get some nice biofilm growing now also.

phil

Hey guys this is my aqua nano 40 shrimp setup. Plants are still growing and the java moss has only recently been added so not had chance to grow :) hope you like it.i currently have red rili and crs inside :Dpost-935-140085933103_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Crabclaw
      My tank is weird...   So! Some good news, and some bad news. Bad news first, cuz I gotta get it out. My crypts have all totally melted. Just in the first 3-4 days, they’re practically gone. Just roots and a couple of tiny leaves. My lace fern has done the same, but I think it just died... not sure why, but not a big deal. Will add photos later. Second bit of bad news is that I lost my male endler, Gerald. I don’t understand what happened, as everyone else is doin great, but I saw him one afternoon just staying in one spot in the top left corner of the back, by the heater, and he didn’t look to excited, so I fed some food back for him to see if he would eat. He ate, and I thought it couldn’t be that bad as there were no obvious visible signs of disease, he wasn’t gasping, and wasn’t visibly bloated. The next morning I had just finished feeding when I saw him lying on the bottom of the tank, in a bed of melted crypts, unmoving. He was straight beneath where he had been the previous day, except now Gerald was dead. Again, he didn’t look diseased or anything, just was lying dead on his side. I then removed him and buried beside my one dead shrimp’s grave outside my window. Am going to check the parameters this arvo when I have time. Any ideas on what else it could be?   Anyhoo, everyone else is doing very well, and the good news is that I believe my Apistogramma Nijsseni pair are breeding! I have no idea why, as they have just experienced a very stressful change in params (that from my recent research should have probably killed them!). I may have accidentally caused it by adding an extra cave and increasing the temps to their breeding temperature. I’m still not totally sure, but I’ve been seeing courtship for a while, and two days ago they were doing some crazy aggressive mating-ey stuff. Yesterday I saw that my female was staying in one place along my driftwood, and she hasn’t moved from there since. She looks to be doing very well, still quite active, and has chased a few fish away from her spot. I noticed that there is a deep divot where she is guarding that she goes inside maybe once every two minutes. I can’t see in the hole, have tried everything, but assume from her behaviour that she is guarding eggs. Either way, we’ll know in a few days. I’m a little worried about their chances of survival though (the babies, I mean), in a community tank. I also have no tiny live foods, the best I can do is super fine flakes or pellets. Is hatching baby brine shrimp easy? If so I could try that I guess.    Final thing is that when I got my refund for my bad gravel, I ended up in a long phone call with the guy, who was trying to give me advice. It was veeeeery frustrating, as he keeps saltwater and african cichlids. As such, he said the gravel was great for his tanks, and should be fine for mine. Hmm. Maybe that’s cuz your fish require a really high level of hardness?! He also said that plants are the worst thing you can put in a tank, that I need to get rid of them ASAP, and that they are the sole reason that algae exists. In addition to that, he said my oversized external canister filter wasn’t enough for my tank, that I needed a ‘biological filter’, and that’s why my killies died. It was a great convo. Sorry, just needed to express my frustration with the guy to people who get it.    Thanks for reading this long post, as usual any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers guys! (And gals and peeps who are neither)
    • jayc
      Those galaxy pintos are so nice. 
    • kms
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Thats quite a difference! Did you swoosh them both through the water? Take a look at the 2 prongs on each and they should both be parallel to each other, ie straight? If the prongs aren't straight it will be wrong! Otherwise take a sample of some water from one of the sources, to a nearby local aquarium place and get them to check what reading they get and 'hopefully' it will agree (near enough) with one of the meters? The zerowater one is nearer the figure correlation that beanbag mentioned so maybe? If you want to change the water in the tank before you can get confirmation which is right then I would use the Zerowater meter as those figures are higher, so if it turns out the lower old meter is right you can just add more GH/KH+ which is easier (and a lot less wasteful) than trying to reduce it! As the zerowater figures correlate better to GH figures etc that is probably the most accurate! Simon edit - sorry, just realised beanbag TDS/GH correlation is on another UK thread! 1 GH is very roughly USUALLY approx 20 TDS.
    • Sonnycbr
      My Zerowater jug arrived today with a free TDS meter. I had already bought a meter a couple of weeks ago so I decided to compare them. These are the results: Free meter                                                Bought meter Tap water 317                                                  227 Filtered water 0                                                  1 190L tank   510 but dropped to 484             334 Nano tank   384 but rose to 410                    306 Knowing nothing about these meters I don't know how reliable or accurate they are but these readings are wildly different.  I suppose the important thing is that I'm getting pure water from the filter so once the cycle is over and I do a big water change I'll have the water I want.