CPO - Mexican Dwarf Crayfish

KillieOrCory

Hi all,

When I was in Turkey couple of weeks ago I came across a shop that was selling CPO's.

IMG_2078_zps4ecbb618.jpg

IMG_2088_zps0bca499e.jpg

IMG_2091_zps95e704d0.jpg

CPO - Orange Dwarf Crayfish - Cambarellus patzcuarensis (var. orange ) is super cute!

Anybody ever seen them in Australia?

No, are these the ones that if I remember rightly self reproduce?

Quite a neat little guy, love the colour

• HOF Member

Damn something else so cute and we can't have them. I would happily make tank room for him!

Damn something else so cute and we can't have them. I would happily make tank room for him!

How do you know it's a him???

We have Native Red one that get to 6cm.

I think if they found that one in the country the feds would go NUTZ

Bob

Hell yes! And wouldn't blame them at all. Bit more research, I was wrong, not the self reproducing, do need males/females. But beautiful all the same.

Still would rather go native if I ever go down that route, and then probably the local blue form, stunning

• HOF Member
How do you know it's a him???

Unfortunately in the animal world it's often the boys that are the nicest colours so I just assumed:D

I would love to get the native ones if they ever become available.

These guys were super interesting at the size they were ;)

Unfortunately in the animal world it's often the boys that are the nicest colours so I just assumed:D

Ineke, that's untrue.......We're all God's creatures, and he's made the boys in all forms with the greatest looks. It's women who spread this mis-conception saying they are better looking. For the record....I'm not gay, NOT that there's anything wrong with that ! LOL

• Like 1

• HOF Member
Ineke' date=' that's untrue.......We're all God's creatures, and he's made the boys in all forms with the greatest looks. It's women who spread this mis-conception saying they are better looking. For the record....I'm not gay, NOT that there's anything wrong with that ! LOL[/quote']

Now if we are going to bring God into this he made man and then took a rib and made woman a much improved version:angel:

Me thinks thou doth protest too much -how many times have you told us you are not gay!!!!!

Ineke...did you just hijack this thread ? LOL

If you take away something that's perfect (i.e. rib), it becomes a lessor person....can't see the logic of it being better .....i.e. if you takeaway a leg from a chair, the chair becomes ________beep ! LOL

• HOF Member
Ineke...did you just hijack this thread ? LOL

If you take away something that's perfect (i.e. rib)' date=' it becomes a lessor person....can't see the logic of it being better .....i.e. if you takeaway a leg from a chair, the chair becomes ________beep ! LOL[/quote']

Oh dear BB you just shot yourself down LOL a rib was taken away from man therefore with your theory men are a lessor being:triumphant:

AND you hijacked this thread

BB stop while you are in front' date=' you never win against Women. Bob[/quote']

Thanks for the reminder Bob !......backing away now....:cower:

My dad taught me the best response in this situation BB.....

Yes dear :congratulatory: (even more effective when said with a smile :encouragement:)

Back to the serious side of things, the Red crayfish are on my list of things to get. When I have done some building and have more tanks going.

Saturday week I am picking up some Sky Blue and Hot Pink Red claws, an old strain of mine I thought were gone forever, lucky me

Bob

• HOF Member
My dad taught me the best response in this situation BB.....

Yes dear :congratulatory: (even more effective when said with a smile :encouragement:)

Nah doesn't work:angel:

• HOF Member

Can we have some pictures Bob. This little cheeky fellow has made me very interested if ours are any where near as cute ( yes cute does it for me) I might just have to look into having some down the track.

Ineke a photo of one of my early males, they got better before I lost them, my fault.

PinkRedclaws013.jpg

Bob

• HOF Member

Oh yeah up there for cuteness. That's a very nice colour. Gosh we have some marvellous creatures here don't we. I will never look at a yabbie the same way again . Thanks Bob

Hey Bob, just remember I have enough tanks to play with these and any others when you have enough.

As far as crays go I only bred ordinary yabbies before.

Back to the serious side of things' date=' the Red crayfish are on my list of things to get. When I have done some building and have more tanks going.

Saturday week I am picking up some Sky Blue and Hot Pink Red claws, an old strain of mine I thought were gone forever, lucky me

Bob[/quote'] Beautiful looking critters, they are so perfect they almost don't look real. Great you get to have them again, enjoy!!