revolutionhope

Hey SKFers,

I've just acquired a breeding box and I have a couple of saddled girls very close to molting. (neos).

If I want to pop these ladies in with the male of my choosing into the breeding box what is the best way to do this?

I assume I should chuck some moss into the box for them to hang out and feed on?

Importantly though, does it stress shrimps out much to be netted and popped back into the same tank? I especially wonder will this stress the ladies to be netted and dropped back into the tank once they are berried? Or not an issue? What is the best way to do this?

love n peace

will

IME, I find transferring them without netting them out above water to be less stressful, both for me and them. Haha.

If it is an internal breeder box, I use a net and coax them into it.

If it is an external box, I net them into a little cup underwater, lift up the cup, then place the whole cup into the breeder box (already filled with tank water) and let them out.

Hope this makes sense.

Edited by jc12
  • Like 1

I have scooped them out of the water line and into a breeding box for selective breeding but as they say a watched kettle never boils and they never bred cause i was constantly watching and put them back in the tank lol

• Like 2