I joined the ranks of CRS owners today :o)

wot_fan

I have a second berried female :D.  I haven't seen the other berried female today but I saw her yesterday so I have no reason to believe she isn't still carrying.

Sorry for the quality of the pics.  All I had handy was my iPhone.

IMG_1745.jpgIMG_1769.jpgIMG_1760.jpg

• Like 2

You guys!

Scared him off with the drop bear nonsense.

It's the crocs and great whites you have to worry about.

LOL!!! Actually, I live in AU 6 years ago. Hence, I will not believe the bear thingy. LOL!!!

I'm more worry about box jellyfish, which is thing that hard to see but deathly. :D

• Like 1

I have a second berried female :D.  I haven't seen the other berried female today but I saw her yesterday so I have no reason to believe she isn't still carrying.

love how the shell looks so thick and solid white. Hope the babies look even better.

Woot woot

love how the shell looks so thick and solid white. Hope the babies look even better.

Thank you.  She is one of my nicer CRS.  I expected to have to wait at least 2 months to see my first berried shrimp.  I still can't believe 2 of my 8 CRS have berried in less than 6 weeks.

I've got to credit SD's products for the shell thickness.  If you can find away to get a hold of a set, I highly recommend you give them a try.

I still can't believe 2 of my 8 CRS have berried in less than 6 weeks.

I've got to credit SD's products for the shell thickness.  If you can find away to get a hold of a set, I highly recommend you give them a try.

Well if you give them the best environment you can its not a really big surprise that this has happened.

I was thinking you must have bought them like that and it was because she has had a few weeks to get used to the new tank. So did you see picture of the shrimp that you were going to buy and the shell was not like this?

Really impressive. I have been wanting to try the products myself and even ordered a set but it was confiscated by the department of agriculture which is such a waste. The state I live is has very strict bio security laws which is fine but sucks at the same time.

So I do have plans on getting some but I got to do it in a super round about way. I have also been spending a lot lately on some new shrimps and another tank LOL So I'll got to stop that first and let my wallet recover. 

Well if you give them the best environment you can its not a really big surprise that this has happened.

I was thinking you must have bought them like that and it was because she has had a few weeks to get used to the new tank. So did you see picture of the shrimp that you were going to buy and the shell was not like this?

Really impressive. I have been wanting to try the products myself and even ordered a set but it was confiscated by the department of agriculture which is such a waste. The state I live is has very strict bio security laws which is fine but sucks at the same time.

So I do have plans on getting some but I got to do it in a super round about way. I have also been spending a lot lately on some new shrimps and another tank LOL So I'll got to stop that first and let my wallet recover. 

What surprised me is how quickly they berried.  I didn't think they were old enough.  On top of that, I have read several posts from people who have had trouble getting their shrimp to berry even though they have provided the best conditions they can.  Those people weren't using SD products though :D.

No, I didn't see pictures of the shrimp before I purchased.  I bought them based primarily on reviews from other customers.  All things considered, I think I was lucky the shrimp are so nice.  Even though I am very happy with my CRS, I plan to purchase TB's from sponsors of the the other shrimp forum I frequent so I can see pictures before I spend any money. 

It is possible that they arrived with saddles.  Depending on how long it takes for a saddle to form in a CRS, it is likely the first female to berry did have a saddle.  It takes about 3 weeks from the time I see the first hints of a saddle on my Rili female before she is berried (and then about 18 days before they hatch).  I don't know how long it is on average from initial saddle formation to being berried for CRS.  I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a CRS longer to form a full saddle than a Rili though.

I read about your SD order being destroyed :(.  Hopefully you can find away to get a hold of a set through back channels.  

I can relate to your shrinking wallet.  The tank I am currently cycling went quite a bit over budget.  It is a good thing that it won't be cycled for 4+ more weeks since I can't afford to buy shrimp for it yet ;).

Your crs looks much better that some so called Prl that are sold in Europe ;-)

Anthony

Thanks Anthony,  I was lucky enough to get some quality shrimp and the Shimpy Daddy products I am using have them looking their best :D.

• 3 weeks later...

I went away for the holiday weekend and was hoping to find shrimplets when I returned since it has been 28 days since I first saw a berried female.  The males were swimming around the tank for hours last Thursday so I also hoped to find a 3rd berried female.  

I checked the tank last night as soon as I got home.  The first shrimp I saw was the first female berried in the tank.  She was still carrying eggs.  I watched her for a little while and noticed the eggs were dark.  They had been dark at first and slowly got lighter in color.  They were a light tan the last time I saw them.  The other berried female's eggs have done the same.

Since I couldn't find another berried female, I started wondering if the first batch of eggs hatched or were dropped and she was already berried again.  After scanning the tank for awhile I found a shrimplet in some of the moss :D.  I was able to spot 4 at one time. 

I have to believe that my female berried almost immediately after the eggs hatched.  Is this common?

• Like 1

I went away for the holiday weekend and was hoping to find shrimplets when I returned since it has been 28 days since I first saw a berried female.  The males were swimming around the tank for hours last Thursday so I also hoped to find a 3rd berried female.  

I checked the tank last night as soon as I got home.  The first shrimp I saw was the first female berried in the tank.  She was still carrying eggs.  I watched her for a little while and noticed the eggs were dark.  They had been dark at first and slowly got lighter in color.  They were a light tan the last time I saw them.  The other berried female's eggs have done the same.

Since I couldn't find another berried female, I started wondering if the first batch of eggs hatched or were dropped and she was already berried again.  After scanning the tank for awhile I found a shrimplet in some of the moss :D.  I was able to spot 4 at one time. 

I have to believe that my female berried almost immediately after the eggs hatched.  Is this common?

The fastest I had seen before is about 1 week between shrimp hatched and berried again. This is also why I prefers to have higher temperature over low temperature. Last time when I keep my shrimp at 22C, the mummy will moult before all eggs are hatched.

• Like 1

Congrats man.

Cant wait to see the pictures.

• Like 1

The fastest I had seen before is about 1 week between shrimp hatched and berried again. This is also why I prefers to have higher temperature over low temperature. Last time when I keep my shrimp at 22C, the mummy will moult before all eggs are hatched.

What temperature do you keep them in now? What type of shrimp?

Congrats man.

Cant wait to see the pictures.

​Thanks Disciple :D.  Hopefully I will have time this weekend to take some pics.

• Like 1

I had a little time this evening so I broke out the camera and flashes.  I got a couple decent shots of one my berried females. I expect her eggs to hatch any day now :D.  I was also able to get a few pics of shrimplets. 

IMG_9583.jpg

IMG_9572.jpg

IMG_9569.jpg

IMG_9558.jpg

IMG_9555.jpg

IMG_9583.thumb.jpg.c6f0b4d7eb0e373777c38

IMG_9572.thumb.jpg.24f1735eb454a04fe363e

IMG_9569.thumb.jpg.1e5a7eaacb617943505d1

IMG_9558.thumb.jpg.38d1b521a283b23f5736c

IMG_9555.thumb.jpg.9edf8dc96c380158b058f

Edited by wot_fan
Picture thumbnails didn't work properly
  • Like 2

Wow great pictures. Very nice shrimp. Thanks for sharing.

The shell on that female looks so thick

Wow great pictures. Very nice shrimp. Thanks for sharing.

The shell on that female looks so thick

​Thanks Disciple :).

She may be my best looking CRS.  The white on her is more dense than that on any of my other shrimp.  I am really looking forward to seeing her babies.  She berried 23 days ago so it shouldn't be too much longer :D. 

• Like 1

Well it happened again.  My other berried female got berried again almost immediately after her eggs hatched :). 

A couple of days ago the males in the tank were swimming around the tank when I checked on them in the morning.  In the afternoon when the lights turned on I saw some new shrimplets.  There was also a freshly molted shell.  The only two berried shrimp were the one responsible for my first batch of shrimplets (berried for 2 weeks now) and the one that has been berried for 4 weeks (see pics above).  

I have seen this shrimp everyday for at least a week and she has been berried the whole time.  As unlikely as it sounds, she had to have berried within 24 hours of her eggs hatching.  I am not sure why these two shrimp are so prolific, but I am happy they are.

I took some pics of some of my shrimplets.  I didn't want to freak them out so I didn't use a flash.  Sorry for the quality.

IMG_9647.jpg

IMG_9643.jpg

IMG_9635.jpg

IMG_9633.jpg

IMG_9615.jpg

IMG_9606.jpg

IMG_9605.jpg

IMG_9647.thumb.jpg.3f8fb7516899fb8563dfc

IMG_9643.thumb.jpg.043bd94fd82b0f2100cee

IMG_9635.thumb.jpg.1f1d13410124e41b51bd2

IMG_9633.thumb.jpg.8f21a11123b4cad107b5e

IMG_9615.thumb.jpg.54ed08eb5da2db85ad3a1

IMG_9606.thumb.jpg.b4b61818b86d3144579e5

IMG_9605.thumb.jpg.c0d67f191f5c812ba7237

• Like 2

Amazing lol

Thay look fanastic man. I think you are going to win our little challenge easily. Really happy for you man. How is you tb tank going?

• Like 1

I have seen this shrimp everyday for at least a week and she has been berried the whole time.  As unlikely as it sounds, she had to have berried within 24 hours of her eggs hatching.  I am not sure why these two shrimp are so prolific, but I am happy they are.

​It's because of the water temperature, and the availability of food and nutrients. They breed very frequently at higher temperature (the egg also hatches fast), but to sustain such behaviour they will need to have plenty of food and nutrients (provided they have good health too).

• Like 1

thats a nice looking girl you have there!

​Thanks OzShrimp.  I think she looks better each time she molts.  

Amazing lol

Thay look fanastic man. I think you are going to win our little challenge easily. Really happy for you man. How is you tb tank going?

​Thanks Disciple.  I am really enjoying these shrimplets.  I can only imagine how cool the tank is going to be when it is full of CRS.

The TB tank has about week left of the SD cycle process.  After that, I have to adjust the pH (with Sera Super Peat) and let the tank stabilize for a week.  I should be able to add shrimp then :).

​It's because of the water temperature, and the availability of food and nutrients. They breed very frequently at higher temperature (the egg also hatches fast), but to sustain such behaviour they will need to have plenty of food and nutrients (provided they have good health too).

​Thanks for the info.  I am using only SD products in the tank including feeding nothing but Sinewy Cereal S (twice a week).  I think it speaks volumes about the quality of your merchandise that a novice like me can get results like this.  I am so glad I decided to use your products :).

I'm impressed! Congrats.

​Thank you larrymull.  I think most of the credit goes to SD products though ;).

Products are just enabler. The key factor is your TLC for the shrimps. ;)

• Like 2

Brilliant shrimplet pics!!

Brilliant shrimplet pics!!

​Thanks :).  I took some more pics tonight.  I used a flash this time so they are a little better than the last batch I posted.  

IMG_9665.jpg

IMG_9684.jpg

IMG_9685.jpg

IMG_9716.jpg

IMG_9726.jpg

IMG_9657.jpg

IMG_9671.jpg

IMG_9695.jpg

IMG_9699.jpg

IMG_9717.jpg

IMG_9730.jpg

IMG_9738.jpg