my crs and cbs tanks

honcho

thought id post pics of my two display tanks and there specs..

post-132-139909846637_thumb.jpg1st is my A_S grade tank..

tank has cbs on left and crs on right..

runs an eheim 2215 for filtration with prefilter.. also has 2 seperate sponge filters in each section to help keep water parameters stable .extra sponges are also in there in case i ever get power failure i can plug them into battery operated air pumps.. just a precaution.. i also use a small aqua one 50 watt heater for perth winters . and small fans for summer

lights consist of 2foot twin tube t8 and everything works a treat for me..

post-24-139909846645_thumb.jpg

2nd is my high grade tank..containing cbs on left and crs on right. most shrimp in this tank are ss and sss. with the exception of a few s grade females that i like to keep in there on account that they produce some awsome babies..

this tank runs and eheim 2213 with sponge prefilter and jbj chiller.. also has a 2ft twin t5 light unit.but i only use one light because its so bright.. it also has extra sponge filters on each side to help filtration. this tank also runs co2 occassionally and shrimp and plants seem to be thriving.. i also have the breeder box in this tank for selective breeding purposes..

both these tanks are aqua one 70 litre curved f

glass tanks.. and i use up aqua shrimp soil as it hasnt let me down since starting (even though i found out last week its actually just for planted tanks and not for shrimps :confused-new::confused-new::confused-new::confused-new::confused-new: i use pure ro water and have switched from seachem equilibrium to salty shrimp fix which seems to work even better than i first though..

anyways thats it from me..

hope u guys like..

post-367-139909857652_thumb.jpg

very nice setups mate. and great write up description of them both. :encouragement:

always good to see happy breeders having success.

and i must agree on the saltyshrimp minerals :congratulatory:

Cool setups. I like them a lot!

Love the driftwoods

Nice shrimp mate. Your setups are the type that springs to my mind when someone says shrimp tank. I daresay my next shrimp tank will be similar to yours.

Great tanks setup Honcho. Can see you've done lots of research, and no doubt your shrimps will benefit from it.

Mind showing us a pic of your pre-filter ?

thanx guys..im glad u like them . ialways trying to improve and compared to some other setups ive seen im only a meer hobbiest

i love my shrimp tanks , and the one thing I love most about shrimp is that i learn sooo much.. ive learnt the hard way and had plenty deaths when i first started..luckily ive had some really good shrimpy friends around to help me out and give info and direction..

BB i dont use an external prefilter just a twin sponge filter on the intake to the eheims.. u can see them on the pics :encouragement:

nice clear water you have going on in those honcho. very nice!