12 Days of Shrimpmas - Challenge 11

newbreed

While we wait for the Lotto results to come in, let's look at tomorrows challenge!!!

Photo Competition

The subject is, Full Tank Shot!!

For those who have not used the photo comp tool, please refer to the following links on how to add an entry and how to rate an entry!

How to add an entry
http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/index.php/topic/7188-how-to-adding-entry-using-photo-comp-tool/

How to Vote/Rate an Entry
http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/index.php/topic/7189-how-to-votingrating-entries-using-photo-comp-tab/

It doesn't matter how many stars you give your three favourite images. What is going to be counted is how many votes it receives.

You will have until 6pm AEDT Tuesday 23rd December to have you image posted.

From 6pm until 9:30pm we will ask you to vote for your favourite three of all the entries. (Please do not vote prior to 6pm, there may be late entries!!)

At 9:30pm, the entry with the highest amount of votes will win the prize!

Grab your cameras and get snapping!!! Looking forward to seeing those entries!!

Rules:

• Must be your own image

• One entry only per member

• Entries are open to members with a post count of 30 and above

• All members, no matter how many posts, can vote! You may not be able to enter but you can help us choose the winner!!

• Entries submitted after 6pm AEDT will be deemed invalid and shall removed without notice

Any votes placed prior to 6pm will be removed and you will be asked to vote again!

Here is a link to the competition http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/index.php/photorating/competition/5-12-days-of-shrimpmas-challenge-11/

Edited by newbreed

THE PRIZE FOR BEST FULL TANK SHOT IS:

You will receive one of each of the following NEW products designed for The Tech Den!!! Be one of the first to get your hands on these!!!!

SPCF35G-2.jpg

Ornamental Shrimp Pellet Food 35g

Manufactured from the highest quality fish meal and vegetable products.

The Pellet is micronised and extruded to form the appropriate size and then cold coated in Astaxathin to replace natural colour enhancement missing from semi-artificial environments.
The advanced technology used to manufacture this extruded pelletmakes it very stable and less likely to pollute the water.
Feed only a few pellets for several shrimp at a time, ensure thre is no uneaten food after 5 minutes approx.

Ingredients:

Fish Meal, Squid Meal and refine oil, Shrimp Meal, Soyabean Meal, Lecithin, Cerials, Yeast, Vitamins and Minerals.

Anayasis:

• Crude Protein 40%
  • Crude Fat 6%
  • Crude Ash 14%
  • Moisture 8%

SMB-2.jpg
SMB-3T.jpg
Ornamental Shrimp Mineral Block

Cointains Montmorillonite

The innovative block adds essential minerals required to maintain the healthy existance of ornamental freshwater shrimp. It does this by automatically dissolving based on the existing water hardness
The Block will increase permanent hardness while not effecting carbonate hardnes, it does however contain a liquid form of Carbon that is essentialfor all life incliding good bacteria. The liquid carbon also doubles as a very effective plant fertiliser and Ammonia Converter.
Although it is recognised by the manufacter that shrimp are normally kept in RO or Rain Water the inclided carbon acts on lime in town water to convert it into Calcium Carbonate check can then be consumed by the aquarium environment, making it possible to maintain good crustacean health
The block also incorporates Astaxanthin impregnated food to encourage shrimp to consume the Montmorillonite in the Block. Shrimp often come into contact in the wild with more soluble form of this kind of clay. This process is designed to simulate this action.
Included food is stabilised by the Liquid Carbon and the segment can be used as a weekend or weekly holiday feeder.

Block Contains:
Calcium Montmorillonite, Calcium Sulphate, C5H8O2 as Liquid Carbon, Magnesium Sulphate, Potasium Sulphate, Iron Sulphate Chelated, Magnesium Sulphate, Astaxanthin.

Dose:

• One Block per 50l Water
  • First Block will last approx 1 Week
  • Once the water levels content are leveled after the first block additional blocks will last approx 2-3 weeks

******The above prize can only be awarded to Australian members. International members with the most votes will win either an SKF White Polo Shirt or an SKF Black T-Shirt

Hey everyone!! Only half an hour to get your photos in for today's photo challenge!!!!

Rules:

• Must be your own image

• One entry only per member

• Entries are open to members with a post count of 30 and above

• All members, no matter how many posts, can vote! You may not be able to enter but you can help us choose the winner!!

• Entries submitted after 6pm AEDT will be deemed invalid and shall removed without notice

Any votes placed prior to 6pm will be removed and you will be asked to vote again!

Just wondering what the rules are regarding people who enter the photo comp, also voting for their own photo.

Is that allowed?

Voting is open and yes, please feel free to vote for your own!!! That's why you get three votes!!!

I think I broke something. It keeps saying I don't have permission lol

Yes I did accidentially try vote a bit earlier :special:  :gusta:

Edited by Disciple

I cant vote from my phone :( iv really got to get a new laptop

Is there any chance i could write the name of the tanks i wanna vote for?

Edited by Ronskitz

I cant vote from my phone :( iv really got to get a new laptop

Is there any chance i could write the name of the tanks i wanna vote for?

Yeah PM me and I will add them to the vote total.

I think I broke something. It keeps saying I don't have permission lol

Yes I did accidentially try vote a bit earlier :special:  :gusta:

There are three votes registered for you Disciple. I did not remove the two you did early!! PM me in next half hour if you wish to change these.

Only a half hour to get your votes in. You do not need to have entered the comp to vote!!

Just vote for your favourite three!!

I will announce the winner shortly after 9pm AEDT

Okay!! Voting time is over and we have a winner!!!

Very close competition today, it came down to one vote!!

The winning picture is below:

post-558-0-85765900-1419329187_thumb.jpg

Congrats to jayc for this awesome image!!!

Thanks to everyone who participated!!!

Next competition to be announced at 9am tomorrow!!!

Congrats Jayc,

I remember reading the Tank Journal. Good stuff. Now you have to update it!

It's such a great setup! Very worthy winner!

And big thanks to the sponsor of today's prize The Tech Den!!

Wow! I really didn't think I would win with the calibre of tanks entered.

Thanks again to the sponsor Techden, SKF, and everyone involved in organising these comps.

• Like 1