12 Days of Shrimpmas - Challenge 1

newbreed

Find A Word Competition!!! (Pretty Challenging!!)

Following on from Marcus' previous Find a Word Challenge, we have included some of these in the 12 Days of Shrimpmas Competition!!

This should be a decent challenge. Find the words, send me a pm with your findings, post that a pm has been sent and I will announce the winner!!

If you haven't found the designated words, I will let you know.

Please familiarise yourself with the rules of this competition below.

Have Fun!!! Happy Hunting!!

Competition Rules:

• Entry is open to members with a post count of 35 or higher
  • Due to the nature of the prize, this challenge is open to Australian members only
  • Admin/Moderators decision is final and non-negotiable
  • Entries are to be sent to Newbreed via PM to check. Once PM sent, please post a comment in the competition thread stating this
  • Entries posted directly to thread will be removed and treated as invalid
  • Entries will be checked on a regular basis, based upon time of PM being received
  • If entries are incorrect, a PM will be sent back advising this
  • You can resubmit as many entries as required
  • Until a correct entry has been received, an hourly update will be posted advising that a winner has not yet been found
  • Once a correct entry has been received, it will be confirmed by Admin prior to announcement
  • A PM will then be sent to the winner, and the Competition thread will be updated to announce the winner
  • Competition will begin at 8am AEDT Saturday 13th December 2014 and will end once a winner is announced - depends on how quick you are!!
  • The Find-a-Word Puzzle will be in PDF format and placed in this thread at 8am
  • Prize for the competition will be announced on the Day of competitions launch - It is amazing!!!! Everyone will want it!!
  • Words will be listed as shown in image below (all different directions!! hehe)
  • Find 30 Words in Total
  • As Nogi and I are the only ones privy to the hidden words, the other forum moderators are also eligible to enter this competition  

Example of how words are listed:
post-558-0-65505300-1418376219_thumb.jpg

Your Challenge PDF:

Find_a_word_Difficult.pdf

The Prize:
Aquael Shrimp Set 20L
These usually retail at $129.00
108792-2T.jpg
More details on the prize can found here http://www.thetechden.com.au/Aquael_Shrimp_Set_20_p/108792.htm

Edited by newbreed
  • Like 1

Wow, exciting announcement! As it is the first competition we don't want anyone to be left out!!!

The main prize can only be sent within Australia. That being said........

Nogi has just offered that the first international member (non-Australian resident) to pm a winning entry will be able to choose a prize of either a Black SKF T-Shirt or a White SKF Polo Shirt!!

So, as to main post check back at 8:00am AEDT for the puzzle pdf!!!

Edited by newbreed
  • Like 1

Sounds like fun, it's been years since I've looked at a word search puzzle. Good luck everyone! :-)

• Like 1

Is it sad that I am finding this exciting lol

Have fun everyone!!!

:smiley_simmons:  :smiley_simmons: :smiley_simmons:  

and are they shrimp related words or? cause i have found some which arent shrimp related and dont know if their accidental lol

Edited by OzShrimp

Oh there may be accidental words in there. But they are shrimp related words, and terms used on the forum.

I'm not given you the list, once you find 30, you get to PM me the list of what you've found!!

I will let you know if they are right or not!!!

I hope there's no accidental naughty words in there!?! Will need to triple check the next comp!!! :geek:

i found the word SL|_|T lol. this is fun without the list! 

if noone finds 30 does person with most win ?

• Like 1

Remember to pm the list and not post here folks. Posting here doesn't count.

If no one gets all of them, winner will be the earliest next highest.

i found the word SL|_|T lol. this is fun without the list! 

if noone finds 30 does person with most win ?

Found that one too.

PM received Jen. Just a few more to go.

So Sorry about that, not a word I use and definitely didn't mean to put it in!!! OMG!

Just a heads up, its not one of the words we are after!! lol

• Like 1

Pm replied. Keep hunting mate!!!

Some really solid entries so far, with not many more words to find!!!!

The following words are not part of the winning list:

SALE, MATE, GEN, TALON, NAVY, LAVA, SKF(Doh!!), AIR, OAK, HOB, ELM

If you have any of the above, scrap them and keep hunting!!!

Get your entries in as soon as you have them, it's such a great prize!!!

Is this hard or is it just cause I woke up? lol

I just wanted to check if acronyms that are shrimp related count? or are the all full words?

Edited by Disciple

Being as it is an outstanding prize, this is the hardest find a word I could manage!!!

Being freshly awake may not help, but you never know.

There are only three acronyms in the mix that are official correct answers.

PM replied Jen!! Sooo close, two more words to find!!!

Being as it is an outstanding prize, this is the hardest find a word I could manage!!!

Being freshly awake may not help, but you never know.

There are only three acronyms in the mix that are official correct answers.

PM replied Jen!! Sooo close, two more words to find!!!

Thanks and good job!

• Like 2

As per the rules, Nogi has double checked and confirmed it........

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!

Congratulations Jenbenwren on being the first to come back with the complete list of winning words for this first challenge in the 12 Days of Shrimpmas Competition!!!

The winning words will be posted below, to put you all out of your misery.

I will get our wonderful sponsor to contact you directly regarding your amazing prize Jen!!

Congrats again, and thank you to all who entered.

And another massive thanks to the sponsor of this competition, The Tech Den!!!!

Thank you SKF and thank you Newbreed and Nogi for coming up with a great comp to start the 12 days of Christmas, it was so much fun. And also a big thank you to The Tech Den for donating a really great prize.

• Like 1