12 Days of Shrimpmas 2014

NoGi

12 Days of Shrimpmas

post-25-0-72612200-1418721505_thumb.png

Starts Saturday 13th December 2014, ends Wednesday 24th December 2014.

And a HUGE thanks to our sponsors Age of Aquariums, BossAquaria and The Tech Den for putting up the prizes

Edited by NoGi
Added comp image
  • Like 4

These rules will be locked in on the 12th of December, 2014. The following rules are an overarching set of rules and guidelines that will apply to the 12 mini comps that will be run during the competition period. In the absence of any rules in the mini comps, the following will still apply.

1. Competition is only open to SKF Forum Members (e.g. not for unregistered guests)
  2. Each competition will be run separately, they may each have different terms and conditions and these will be listed at the start of each competition
  3. For logistic reasons, items with the Australian flag logo cannot be shipped overseas - these mini comps will be for Australian members only. If an international entrant enters and wins one of these, the prize will go to the first Australian member with the correct entry
  4. Items with no locality flag are open to all SKF members
  5. If no minimum post count is noted for the mini comp then no minimum applies for that particular mini comp. The highest minimum post count that will be used is going to be 50. (e.g. there will be no mini comp which will have a min post count requirement higher than 50)

As expected, a bit of discussion has occurred around the need of having a minimum post count. We are doing it for the following reasons:

• Rewarding those members that are active on the site helping grow and embracing the culture that we have here at SKF
  • Diminishing what I call the "Seagull Effect" - helps to manage against members that do not contribute other than hovering until some good freebies turn up and then dive for the taking
  • Helps in motivating our members to remain engaged in what's going on here on SKF
  • The post limitation is going to serve as a baseline for the next major comp - will help guide whether we use it again or change it a little or drop it altogether.
Edited by NoGi
Updated rules

I'm not sure I can make that many relevant posts by tomorrow so I'm out 

*crosses fingers that prize/s are something I'm not personally interested in*

I'm not sure I can make that many relevant posts by tomorrow so I'm out 

*crosses fingers that prize/s are something I'm not personally interested in*

Same here, don't want to post all kind of not relevant posts. Yes got one more! :wink:

Guys don't be fixated on post count as I couldn't word it any other way r would give too much away. I'll be announcing later this morning once I've finished my meetings at work.

The recent focus on posts is to

1) ensure people remain active on SKF

2) also lets us know who to reward ;-p

There used to be another world class shrimp forum and they've all but disappeared as no one posts anymore, everyone just comes to consume information without giving anything back. That is not the future I have in mind for SKF.

But like I said, wait for the comp announcement later this morning first as the rules will be updated then.

I think I just scrapped in with post count...

If you squint your eye  : THIRST : , while looking past your screen, behind the monitor : PRETTINESS : , cross your eyes  : GRIMACE : ,  tilt your head slightly to the left  : DIZZY :, and open your mouth : STARTLE :  .... while scrunching your nose : ANGER :  ... you can just see the picture ... it's a Christmas tree. 

• Like 2

Ok comp is up and the initial rules are also up for comment. I'll be locking the overarching rules by the 12th.

I think I just scrapped in with post count...

If you squint your eye  : THIRST : , while looking past your screen, behind the monitor : PRETTINESS : , cross your eyes  : GRIMACE : ,  tilt your head slightly to the left  : DIZZY :, and open your mouth : STARTLE :  .... while scrunching your nose : ANGER :  ... you can just see the picture ... it's a Christmas tree. 

Just scrapped in.

You should clean up now!

Just scrapped in.

You should clean up now!

Nah, I have already guessed it was a christmas tree. I'll let other member win the prizes.

Unless, there is something I really, really can't do without.  :tongue:

• Like 1

Nah, I have already guessed it was a christmas tree. I'll let other member win the prizes.

Unless, there is something I really, really can't do without. :tongue:

There's a mug on there...you know you want it.

Prizes and rules will be locked down before the comp starts. There is a 3rd sponsor to add the the tree but I'm waiting to finalise a couple of things first.

hehe what Oz Shrimp said.

We were without internet for two days, we seem to loose our internet connection every time we get heavy rain. So with the Sydney weather this week ... keeping fingers crossed on a daily basis, never know when it'll go again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that the xmas comp starts tomorrow - will post start time(s) later today/night in this thread.

Times will be based on AEST

Hey everyone!! The 12 Days of Shrimpmas Competition begins tomorrow morning with your first chance to win BIG!!

I am posting the competition in a separate thread now! But the competition form and prize will be announced in that thread at 8am AEDT!! So you will need to be back early in the morning to get a heads start!

Many thanks to our wonderful sponsors for their support in this, and many other, competitions.

Check out the first challenge!! Enjoy!!

Edited by newbreed
  • Like 1

So that brings to a close the 12 Days of Shrimpmas Competition!!!

Special thanks to The Tech Den, Boss Aquaria and Age Of Aquariums for donating some amazing shrimpy prizes!! We are lucky to have them supporting us all year!!

Big thanks to you all for participating and voting! I hope you've all had some fun along the way!!

It has been fun to test and retry some of these competitions along the way. It has given us some good templates to work with in future comps!!!

A massive thanks to NoGi for suggesting and initiating the competition. It has given many members very special early Christmas presents!!!

Have a safe and Happy Christmas!! :angel:  :angel: :angel:  

Edited by newbreed
  • Like 3

Well it couldn't have been done without your efforts mate. Well done and have a great Xmas all. 

To all prize winners, please allow for the usual xmas delays in getting your prizes.

• Like 3

Well done everyone, great work Jamie for the massive brain effort & congrats again to all the winners! :rock:

I think this has to be the first group of comps where Jamie hasn't cleaned up, lol. Although, I think well have to make jayc & Aquathumb part of the comp crew now, hahaha! :lol:

• Like 2