Fluval Ebi Nano Shrimp habitat

Farma

does any of you guys use this set up? and is it fine strait out of the box or should i look at doing up the filters or lighting etc? i have a few small tanks here i was planning to set up but as this is my first go at shrimp i figured im possibly better off with the whole kit? or should i look at setting up my own system?

does any of you guys use this set up? and is it fine strait out of the box or should i look at doing up the filters or lighting etc? i have a few small tanks here i was planning to set up but as this is my first go at shrimp i figured im possibly better off with the whole kit? or should i look at setting up my own system?

Having been down a similar route' date=' I'd say no. Get a basic cube tank around 60-100L to start with. Setting up following to these instructions [url']http://www.shrimpkeeping.com/basics.html

I love my nano tank but it's seriously challenging. If I had my time again, I'd go CADE or ADA 4 footer setup ;)

4 footer eh! i think i need to upgrade a few other tanks before i do a 4ft shrimp tank, my other animals would spew if i done that to them lol, i have a 60cm cube here i might have a go at first and when i move the snakes into a 6ft tank the shrimp can take their 3ft one, so basically im looking at a good strong light, external filter, and some quality substrate? do you buy attachments to cover the filter inlet? that seems to be where all the shrimp go in my other tanks or do i just make something like a fine cloth cover?

Having been down a similar route' date=' I'd say no. Get a basic cube tank around 60-100L to start with. Setting up following to these instructions [url']http://www.shrimpkeeping.com/basics.html

I love my nano tank but it's seriously challenging. If I had my time again, I'd go CADE or ADA 4 footer setup ;)

haha, time you sell the edge and get an ADA 120p :p

4 footer eh! i think i need to upgrade a few other tanks before i do a 4ft shrimp tank' date=' my other animals would spew if i done that to them lol, i have a 60cm cube here i might have a go at first and when i move the snakes into a 6ft tank the shrimp can take their 3ft one, so basically im looking at a good strong light, external filter, and some quality substrate? do you buy attachments to cover the filter inlet? that seems to be where all the shrimp go in my other tanks or do i just make something like a fine cloth cover?[/quote']

Eheim 2213 might be a bit strong but the flow could be directed at the top, otherwise you can get a small Eden 501 which is good too. Intake pipes can be covered with pre-sponge like the ones on Fluval Edge, just search for those. Substrate is really trick as I've only used benibachi, but see how your tap water parameter is first or if you'd go RO water. I'm not expert in lights, so best that others help here.

Noneed to slow the flow on the 2213. It is very slow as it is. I can barely feel it a few inches away from the outflow.

Noneed to slow the flow on the 2213. It is very slow as it is. I can barely feel it a few inches away from the outflow.

Good to know, I don't want a strong flow in my nano tank :)

Thats a bad thing in my case. I actually want 2-3x more flow since i want to hook up a inline heater which will reduce it to a dribble out the lily pipe :p

And remember, my nano tank is half the size of yours ;)

then u might need to clean out your filter/pipes (the pipes are the main problem in eheims, not the canister itself). a 2213 should produce enough flow to blast through a 2ft tank with ease if directed through a single outflow.

the eden 501 is better, or if u can get ur hands on a 2211.

• 2 weeks later...
then u might need to clean out your filter/pipes (the pipes are the main problem in eheims' date=' not the canister itself). a 2213 should produce enough flow to blast through a 2ft tank with ease if directed through a single outflow.

the eden 501 is better, or if u can get ur hands on a 2211.[/quote']

ah the elusive 2211, did these actually go out of production as i have been told? if they did it's a shame as eheim was in the nano/shrimp tank game then bailed just as it started to take off!

hahahah i have 2 of these :D in perfect condition.. WITH original bases. muahahhahahha

they indeed did go out of production but they are the PERFECT eheim canister for 1ft cubes.

the eden501 isnt a bad alternative