Demo Site - Updated to 4 Beta 1 and relocated

NoGi

Doesn't work for me.

"Not Found

The requested URL /  was not found on this server."

Edit.

Clicking on the link didn't work.

but manually typing in http://shrimpkeepersforum.com.au/forum/ worked.

So here's the link that worked.

Edited by jayc

Initial impressions....

Love the look, and the colours. 

Reminds me of facebook or similar actually. Don't know why. I don't use facebook. 

Was secretly hoping for a topic/post editor that would create tables easily. But doesn't seem like it can.

Locations is back. That's sorely missed, especially when we have an influx of new international members.

Font type and colour is nice ... easy on the eyes.

The new icons are also nice and adds to a more modern feel. 

On the surface of it, it looks like the current forum version but with a new skin on top.

I'm sure there are other benefit underneath that are transparent to the average user.

Everything is where it is exactly like the current forum, so I'm sure no one will find it difficult transitioning to a new interface.

Overall a  :thumbsu: .

• Like 1

Yeah, I was wondering whether to just leave the default colours when we eventually upgrade. It is pleasing to the eye.

Thanks for reminding me about the tables. I'm going to raise it as an improvement suggestion. I actually removed location info when parts of the forum went public as I wasn't able to hide it from public view. If that's still the case with the upgrade, I might look at creating a country field where you can at least see which country people are from. Maybe someone will make a mod to display the flag or something.

It's been rebuilt from the ground up with a responsive design in mind. That means a much better experience when using the forum on mobile devices as well. A stack of improvement have been built into this new version.

Development is progressing well with it leaving Alpha stage and entering Beta stage now. As with any beta release, there will be bugs and I'm reporting them as I find them.

For example:
  • Avatars broke after upgrade - none of the user avatars are showing
  • Forum code not converting - image, media etc.. tags show in post rather than the image

How are you finding the speed of the site? This one is hosted here in OZ rather than the UK where the main SKF site is.

• HOF Member

I've had a quick look around and it seems good. It seems fast enough to me and very familiar so those of us that don't like change won't have much to complain about this time :rolleyes:

• Like 1

For example:

• Avatars broke after upgrade - none of the user avatars are showing
  • Forum code not converting - image, media etc.. tags show in post rather than the image

How are you finding the speed of the site? This one is hosted here in OZ rather than the UK where the main SKF site is.

Yeah, I noticed the avatars aren't showing, thought it might have been just a demo site thing.

The speed was good, very responsive.

Was secretly hoping for a topic/post editor that would create tables easily. But doesn't seem like it can.

Locations is back. That's sorely missed, especially when we have an influx of new international members.

Oooooh the new editor supports plug-ins and guess what plug-in I just installed on the demo site.  : SHOUT :

YAAAYYYY!!

Tables!

I can't believe I'm so excited that we can create tables.

But I guess, it's the first for any forum that I've been on. 

SKF leading the way again.

We are still awhile away from the upgrade but there are also other table modules that I'm going to look at as well.

:jig:

Is there an equally easy plugin add on for this version of the forum?

OK, I just refreshed the demo environment again and updated the table plug-in. It works much better now. Avatars seem to be working now too.

Looks pretty sweet dude, although I don't know about the round avatars, half of my name is gone. :startle:

Also, the breeders awards & MVPs don't seem to be visable. :smiley_simmons:

Yeah it's some getting used to. There may be a way to change it when it gets closer but for now it's round.

Those other stuff will come, it's not part of the first dev work.

Cool dude, I'm sure there are other more important things that require sorting before the aesthetics are considered, cheers. :thumbsu: