Attaching photos and also using PASTE in general

yeswaitnosorry

I can't attach photos from photobucket. (very familiar with using photobucket on forums)

Not by using the IMG link in photobucket nor by using the PHOTO icon  on the post editor.

It freezes if I try to use that.

I also have problems with PASTE. I can't paste anything. Not directly, and if I try to use the QUOTE icon, again it freezes the whole thing.

(I can attach photos from the gallery.)

test for direct upload from computer ...

okay the direct upload worked. But I want to use photobucket to attach photos for a private message.

post-855-0-51872800-1410555289_thumb.jpg

• HOF Member

I have been having the same problems. Especially on my ipad . It took me a long time to be able to add a photo to the gallery and almost impossible to add a photo to competitions. I was getting quite good at it before but having a lot of trouble lately.

nope, still not happening for me.

I also tried pasting your link (copied from your photo properties, still can't paste.

post-25-0-95303700-1410584582_thumb.png

nope, still not happening for me.

I also tried pasting your link (copied from your photo properties, still can't paste.

I understand how to use the photobucket link.

It's the pasting that seems to be the problem.

Can't past the direct IMG link, nor the URL hyperlink.

Can't paste anything, not even text. Although it has sometimes worked for me. But often freezes when I try to do it.

I had the same problem. The problem is IE, since switching to chrome I have not not any trouble with it. I understand your frustration.... Even when I would physically type the link in, it will wouldn't work.

Chrome is win...

• Like 2

I had the same problem. The problem is IE, since switching to chrome I have not not any trouble with it. I understand your frustration.... Even when I would physically type the link in, it will wouldn't work.

Chrome is win...

^^This. IE is the worst offender for building web compliant browsers. I used Chrome for my test post above, but you can also try Safari and FireFox as I know they both work as well. *If* you are still having issues but have no problems on a different computer, than it could be a corrupt system library on your machine. The site software doesn't use anything non-standard to run. It's a mixture of php and ajax from memory.

• Like 1

Posted Yesterday, 09:15 PM

Chrome is win...

Yay! result!  I switched to Chrome.  Thanks guys. 

test photo from photobucket. ... Working!

juvenile Paratya australiensis

DSCN8030_zpsd2069944.jpg

Just wanted the remind everyone that there is an option to also post pictures by clicking the "More Reply Options" button next to the "Post" button below.

Just wanted the remind everyone that there is an option to also post pictures by clicking the "More Reply Options" button next to the "Post" button below.

I did have the problems with that too. But seems all good now using Chrome.

On PC Ouse the More Reply options tab, then switch the toggle on upper left side off, then pasting is easy. This works for photo bucket links too.

Not available on my IPad though!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't attach an image in the marketplace it keeps saying that I need to upload an image but when I press attach nothing happens.

I am on android if that helps.

Cheers mick

Apache and php have default 2MB limit. That's been there since dean ran the forums. I can look at getting this increased if it's starting to become an issue.

Thanks for the reply nogi, i may have to stop taking pics at the the highest resolution, it might be worth having a look at file size with the advantages of cameras now it sort of defeats the purpose.

Cheers mick