CRS Berried

Shrimp Aqua

Well i think it has finally happened for me, found a couple of my CRS berried which i got from Squiggle recently.  I am not counting my chickens before they hatch, so no big celebrations yet.  One has been berried for about a week and a half, the other only 2 days.  Do CRS carry for the same time as cherries or do they have a longer gestation time. Am keeping everything crossed and hoping to see bubs soon. : SHOUT :  :thumbsu::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

• Like 1

Have a read of this sticky ...

http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/index.php/topic/4403-temperature-effects-on-shrimp-eggs-hatching-gender-of-shrimplets/

Gestation times depend on the temperature of the water.

That sticky delves into discussions about how cooler or warmer temps can influence the sexes of the shrimplets as well, which you might find interesting.

• Like 1

• HOF Member

Woohoo congratulations Gary! Now the waiting starts. I still get a kick out of Cherry babies but I really love the Crystals and TB when they get berried , it's soooo exciting!

Thanks for the info Jayc, good read i must say.

I think the parent stock may have something to do with this happening, thanks Jay.

Ineke ,the day i find little red and white shrimplets swimming in my tank there will be huge cellebrations, you will probably hear me from your house.

• Like 1

Is this the first time you will be a shrimp daddy?

If it is, get some champagne!!!! 

(we need a spraying champagne smilie, but this will do for now)  :beerhat:

I still remember screaming "Baby shrimp!!" when I got my first.

Edited by jayc

Jayc, i have bred RCS and YCS but never had any CRS, This is my third time at keeping CRS, i have never been able to keep them alive, so as you would expect i am quiet thrilled and cant wait to see little shrimpies swiming. : LOVE :

• Like 1

Yay!!!!! found another CRS mumma berried today, thats now 3, did i say 3, WOW cant believe it. : SHOUT : 

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the day to celebrate WOOHOO, HAPPY HAPPY DANCE, I have found baby CRS shrimplets, cant believe it, finally!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

Think i am going crosseyed looking for these tiny little shrimpies, plenty of moss in this tank for them to hide amongst. Sure to see more as they grow and start to play more in the open water.

• Like 1

Think i am going crosseyed looking for these tiny little shrimpies, plenty of moss in this tank for them to hide amongst. Sure to see more as they grow and start to play more in the open water.

That is exactly how I feel atm.

• HOF Member

Congratulations, glad they are finally here. Don't forget to do some spot lighting after lights out you usually see more once the lights are out, use a torch and check out the moss.

Hey Disciple, funny how something so tiny can turn you into a jibbering idiot.

Ineke already been doing the torchy thing, Day N Night, some just run and hide.

Hey squiggle i need to learn how to do pic thing when you get some time.

Hey Disciple, funny how something so tiny can turn you into a jibbering idiot.

Ineke already been doing the torchy thing, Day N Night, some just run and hide.

Hey squiggle i need to learn how to do pic thing when you get some time.

Yeah man

My wife thinks I am a bit crazy atm.

Oh yeah congrats on the shrimplets :D

Edited by Disciple

• 3 weeks later...

If you think you are blubbering now, wait till the shrimplets appear. Still remember my first batch, and the excitement doesn't really wear off for the next few batches either.

Edited by fishmosy

Congratulations! Another couple of days and they'll be easier to see.

Once you find them, remember the SKF mantra, pics or it didn't happen!

But for the first few days its more staring time than photo time.

The excitement never fades when finding shrimplets, congrats, congrats, congrats!!!

After so many try's at these dam CRS and finally cracking it, there now seems to be new shrimp appearing everyday.   The first hatchlings have grown to 1cm and over already, also i have spotted the occasional golden bee mixed in as well.

Congrats! I just saw my very first berried CRS yesterday. Let the waiting begins. :-)

Well done jc12, good things come to those who patiently wait, wont be long now to see the bubs.

Its fun watching for them isnt it! i have about 30+ baby shrimplets about 2-3 weeks old in my tank atm with a couple more girls berried.

I noticed 2 moults in the tank today and the boys going crazy so i segregated my last favourites into my aquamanta box.

I havent had so many shrimplets before so am glad to have swapped over to R/O Water :D

Edited by OzShrimp
  • Like 1

• HOF Member

Great stuff guys! It's so exciting seeing babies in the tank. I've been seeing a couple of tiny blue babies from my Mixed Mischling, Tibee TB tank. I put them into different grow out tanks for hopeful insurance that at least 1 survives. Now I sit staring trying to see them again. Today I saw both of them and managed to get pictures of one - will try and get it onto the computer tomorrow . Nearly 2 years now and I'm still loving it!

• Like 1

Good stuff Ineke, bloody terrible to think something so small, has so much control over ones life,