SKF welcomes LarsP to our community

skfadmin

Hello LarsP,

Welcome to Shrimp Keepers Forum. Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

View LarsP's Profile

Hello everybody,

at first I have to apologize for my bad english.

I'm from Germany and my time at school where i learned english is more than 20 years ago. I found your interesting forum on google.

Here in Germany many people have problems in the summer with shrimp dying. I myself have fortunately no problem with that.
I thought to myself that I look in forums from warmer countries how people make it there.

In my tanks live Blue Jellys (Neocaridina davidi  var. Blue Jelly) and PRL from the Akeabinosato bloodline (Caridina cantonensis sp.).

For the first impressions a few Picture:

Tanks in the livingroom

post-999-0-06717700-1406530484_thumb.jpg

Blue Jellys:

1-1401310773-caec020e5658acffc423cf2b4b2

51-1401394741-d91b6c2224f0ec3e55e70ad3d4

4-1401312390-76aa179f30dd39413079f339f10

Unfortunately they are not established in the genes yet.

And my PRL:

548-1405195983-07a31e46ab9c04e3dd0a9823c

547-1405195978-2a654c184b42719e2fbba8dd3

522-1405102416-6515ffdb0a33dadccddd7d776

Best greetings

Lars

• Like 1

Hi Lars, welcome to SKF.

Your english is not bad and better than many people here who have english as their native language! I understood everything you wrote.

Your pictures are fantastic. You have some beautiful shrimp and tanks.

Once again welcome to SKF.

Thank you for your kind words, fishmosy.

My biggest problem is still the abbreviations in English-speaking forums. But I'm learning too.

Greetings

Lars

Welcome tithe forum Lars and thanks for sharing pics of your wonderful shrimp!

In summer here a lot of keepers use chillers to keep their tanks stable and avoid loss.

Look forward to more of your updates!!

Welcome and enjoy!,

Your English is definitely better than a lot of people I know, lol. As Newbreed said, most people use chillers but when you have many tank it's often cheaper to cool the room, I have a climate controlled room to keep my tanks at a stable 22degrees. Way cheaper than 30 chillers & 30 heaters :thumbsu:

Fortunately, I have no problem with high temperatures.
I suspect that there will only be problems if the bacterial density is already too high, and then there's a lack of oxygen.
I keep the temperature with an old PC fan over the tank at a maximum of 25 degrees.

Greetings
Lars

Welcome to the forum....your shrimps look great....nice photographs.

Gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing.

What sort of camera/lens are you using?

Thank you!

I use the Olympus E-3 with Zuiko Digital ED 50mm Makro 1:2.0. Sometimes with EX-25 Extension Tube  for double magnification.

Greetings from Germany

Lars

Edited by LarsP