Pic of KK Shrimplets

BlueBolts

Last batch of KK (5-6 weeks old), producing some great patterns ...

Hino & S Band

post-473-13990984634_thumb.jpgpost-34-139909846344_thumb.jpg

Got 2 Solid blacks, and 2 others with just a white dot on their tails (couldn't get a pic of them today...still struggling with my photography !, but will try again tomorrow). The solids seems to be in demand, but I do prefer the "patterns" in the KK & WR.

Starting a selective breeding program to achieve a KK & WR mosura....

Got a BB Mosura....but only one, and hopefully he's the father of the 2 BB's that drop shrimplets over the weekend.

post-10-139909846348_thumb.jpg

Thanks

post-24-139909857564_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909857568_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909857572_thumb.jpg

Awesome shrimp! And I can't help but notice your camera stills have been amazing lately!!! Someone has even practicing ;)

Thanks guys, I'm absolutely ecstatic with the stage / level I'm at with the hobby, thanks to several members and hobbyist, espacially Dean with all his wisdom and advise.

Gbang, unfortunately my photography skill just isn't improving quickly enough ! Still struggling with macro's, DOF,.... practice and time has eluded me over the past 2-3 months !

Will take more shots and post it ASAP...

Amazing effort mate! Sweet looking KKs.

Mind telling us some of your setup specs? i.e. soil, filters, powders/products you're using....

khemo - all my tanks are setup with Benebachi Soil with Benebachi Mineral Powder, Oxydator and RO Water/Salty Shrimp. PH 6, KH 0-1, GH 4, TDS 200.

Shrimp - ditto on what Loach said...they're all derived from the same species, and often the TB will throw out the generic CRS pattern. The difference is the darkness/colour of the black, black face, legs etc.....when you put a CBS & KK together, the difference is obvious....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Must Read SKF Articles

• sdlTBfanUK
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58BrDSEY8KE  
    • beanbag
      One interesting thing he mentioned was "Bacteria pressure", which I guess just means number of bacteria around.  Yet I see all these other videos from shrimpkeepers bragging about how much bacteria their filtering system holds. Also interesting is no mention of using anti-biotics to treat bacterial infection.  I think that has fallen out of favor recently.
    • sdlTBfanUK
    • sdlTBfanUK
      It has been a few weeks now and I have done a couple of large water changes. I tested the water parameters this morning, GH6 and KH2, TDS 140 and PH 7.5. Obviously the PH is off but there isn't anything in the tank that should cause the PH to rise to this figure so I will just run the tank for another month with 10% weekly water changes (probably just with RO water) and see where we are at that point. The RO water tests at PH6, and the KH and GH in the tank could come down as they are at the upper limits for Caridina shrimps! There are only about 10 very small snails in there at this point, but they seem to be doing well enough.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I believe these to be very rare in Australia so you may even consider making it a longer term plan and produce your own by starting with the best CRS you can get as that is where the pure lines started! Depends how patient and interested in the project you are, but would save money as well? If I recall correctly it takes from 8 generations of selective breeding? They sell them at micro aquatic shop but do not ship to Western Australia, but that means they are available in Australia. https://microaquaticshop.com.au/products/pure-red-line-grade-ss-shrimp Good luck and just maybe smeone on here may point you in the right direction or be able to supply you with some.