CRS SS Light coloe question

CRSenthusiast

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine is willing to sell me some SS grades CRS and CBS (Pic Attached)

I currently have A and S grades in my tank. all these shrimps have light white color on them. if i decide them, will i be able to increase the quality of white? if yes how? or is it a bad idea to introduce them in my tank? thanks.

Any help comments on this will be greatly apprecated.

Thanks,

post-350-139909857561_thumb.jpeg

G'day ... this is a question on $, patience and breeding program/goals.... SS are selling for $30-$75, and the price variation also depends upon the sellers interpretation on what a SS.

$ - Buy what you can afford. With quality in mind. Find out as much information as you can from the breeder of it's genetics. A honest and reputable breeder is always a good start !

Patience - Gradually create your own quality stock via selective breeding

Breeding Program/Goals - Have a target in mind, and stick to it...i.e. strong white/red/black, red legs, etc....obviously if the breeding program is for all these attributes, then expect to pay $$$ or have tremendous patience !

post-29-139909846321_thumb.jpgpost-29-139909846325_thumb.jpg

These SS CRS/CBS cost approx. AUD$750 overseas !!!! and I'm sure many serious breeders will pay $1000 for it ! I would .... PM me if anyone has them....LOL..

Good luck....

post-24-139909846127_thumb.jpeg

post-24-139909846129_thumb.jpg

Oh Thanks for that.

so for selective breeding how do i separate them? is it ok to put a nice male and a female in a breeding box? will that not stress them out?

Also at what stage is the male important? is it before the female has developed eggs? or is it before it drops them?

Best to have multi tanks or a large tank split into 2 or more. That's better than breeding boxes and keeps all the ones you want in one place.

It takes years of patience and selective breeding to bring out solid colours as it is mostly genetics.

Other ways you can bring out better colours is by increasing your TDS and using Mineral Plus in your tanks.

This will solidify their shells but may cause moulting problems if the shell gets too thick.

Mineral/TDS/EC up is good but maintaining it is harder than it looks. I'm currently trying to lower it slowly with fortnightly-monthly WCs.

I thought ss shrimp were going for $75-$125? But then I see a post here saying they are going for 1k? Surely I'm not in the loop with something here? Lol

Hi Walshy, LOl, didn't mean to cause a panic. High grade Benibachi shrimps, PRL/PBL...do demand exceptional prices.... SS shrimp generally range from $40-$75, but again depends on the quality of them..thickness of shell, colour depth, coloured legs ....

Lol. No stress. I was just curious to see what was going on here. Because I've read over it a few times an couldn't quite work it out. So basically there is more to grading a shrimp than the amount of white on it. Ur after deep colouring. I assume red legs under a white body would be something that is searched for? Or is that down to each individual keeper? I have some a grades as a trial. I am quite enjoying them and considering getting some higher grade shrimp if I can keep these guys happy. I would assume that u would keep individual grades separate from each other to avoid a higher grade breeding with a lower grade and basically lowering the value of the offspring? Man I needa hurry up and set up a fishroom lol. Just can't get enough tanks.

Google Pure Red Line Shrimp, view the images, and articles....or the benibachi shrimp...it's really another world ! Benibachi is now issueing a certificate for any Benibachi shrimp sold S+ grade up. Red legs for the CRS, and Black legs for the CBS are the most desirable. Many people prefer the S/A grades, and hobbyist that enjoy the selective breeding...etc would then seperate individual grades, and selectively breed the colour patterns that appeals to them most.

"Just can't get enough tanks"....welcome to the shrimp world ! LOL