SKF welcomes Ric.Gomes to our community

skfadmin

Hey guys,

My name is Ricardo Gomes, im 25 and im from Portugal/Lisboa (GREAT COUNTRY/CITY :P).

I had fish tanks all my life, when i was a kid my father had 2 tanks. Now i got my own tanks, i reproduce Apistogramma. I have a small 'fishroom' with 7 tanks for reproduction. Im now starting my adventure with shrimp!

This is my setup (using only materials that i had around)

54Liters 60*30*30cm

Lightning 2*24W (only 1*24W working)

Eheim Jager 75W

Eheim Liberty 2042

2 roots redwood

Java moss

Java fern

Elos Terra (mixed with some peat)

pH: around 6,2

TDS: around 69ppm

http://s11.postimg.org/mm6iuo1z7/20140528_000850.jpg

http://s11.postimg.org/zcar7r9xf/20140528_000808.jpg

I set this tank 3 weeks ago! And i intend to get some Choco Sakura, and some CBS!

Should i raise my TDS value? How can i do it?

Thank you all guys!

Welcome Ricardo!

:welcome:

Nice tanks. Would love to see pics of your Apistos. I love Apistos too.

I assume you have a TDS pen to measure your TDS. 

There are a few ways of raising TDS. 

Dose Calcium sulphate & Magnesium sulphate 1:1 until you reach approx 150TDS.

You can also purchase Salty Shrimp GH+, or Mosura Mineral Plus Ultra - and add until you raise it to 150TDS.

Alternatively you could use Marine salts - like Red Sea's Coral Pro Salt, and dilute it, and drip in to the tank until you reach 150TDS.

Hi Jayc,

Maybe i'll post some apisto pics later! :D

Yes i got a TDS pen meter. In your opinion whats the best/simpler way to raise the TDS readings?

Thanks! :D

Welcome to the forum Ric!

I use Salty Shrimp as its reliable and an easy dosing regime!

Enjoy!!

Hi all,

Guess ill try one of the presented solutions! Lets see if i can find any of those products in a near shop! :)

Thanks guys!

Hi Jayc,

Maybe i'll post some apisto pics later! :D

Yes i got a TDS pen meter. In your opinion whats the best/simpler way to raise the TDS readings?

Thanks! :D

Looking forward to Apisto photos.

Simplest is definitely to use Mosura Mineral Plus Ultra, if you can buy it in Portugal. Mosura is already in liquid form and you just drip into the water until your TDS pen reads 150. 

Next simplest method is Salty Shrimp or Marine Salt (Red Sea Coral Pro). This comes in dry form, so water has to be added and then you add to the tank water. If you can find Salty Shrimp locally, that is the preference over Coral Pro. Salty shrimp has more calcium:magnesium.

Edited by jayc

Welcome to the forum mate, always good to have international members sharing their experiences

Thank you all guys! 

I'll try to go for the 'Mosura Solution'. It's hard to find mosura here in Portugal! :/

Edited by Ric.Gomes

Awesome tank dude, look amazing! Definitely get yourself some SaltyShrimp as the stuff is amazing, you should be able to get it locally or online from somewhere not too far away. :D

I'm looking for all the solutions!

Today i'll be introducing some Choco Sakura shrimps, i'll see how they react and later i'll ajust the TDS readings! Before i introduce CBS!

Got some shrimp!

20140605_215800.jpg

20140607_095408.jpg

20140607_100517.jpg

20140607_100524.jpg

20140607_100554.jpg

20140607_100659.jpg

Usadas_6.jpg

Edited by Ric.Gomes

thanks guys! more updates coming soon, i'll introduce some CBS to the tank!