benibachi mineral powder

poeticwinter

Hello all i have question, is adding benibachi mineral shrimp make water foamy on the top surface of the tank? and is theres possibly overdose can make shrimp died?

I have never experienced this but when you mention that there is foam on the top of the water, this is usually a sign of ammonia in your water. The ammonia increases the surface tension allowing bubbles to stay longer, this usually occurs at the edges of the water on the glass.

hi squiggle thanks for reply. not sure what causes ammonia recently tds very high i bring down slowly by doing 20% water changes everyday and add benibachi mineral powder half spoon and some fulvic grainthen noticed some foam floating top surface of water and arround filterim using ro water. any suggestion what should i do?atm no shrimp death and looks active. thanks in advance

I have never experienced this but when you mention that there is foam on the top of the water, this is usually a sign of ammonia in your water. The ammonia increases the surface tension allowing bubbles to stay longer, this usually occurs at the edges of the water on the glass.

gee youre right ammonia over 0.25. this tank over year establish but previous owner using tap water tds 690 and gh 11. i bring down tds slowly and gh with ro water. not sure what make ammonia spike? filter and substrate moving during moving? or anything else.

what should i do now, how many water changes? should i move the shrimp?

I have a feeling that you tank has gone into cycle again after the move as some of your bacteria would have died during transport. If you have a spare cycled tank then definitely acclimatise the shrimp to that tank while this tank finishes re-cycling & move them back when it's safe again. :encouragement:

finger crossed hope all shrimp will be allright. thanks squiggs spot on! i noticed that foam within 2 days already how ever i keep water changes once a day cause high tds. Youre genius haha... thanks so much for help and sharing your knowledge.

I have a feeling that you tank has gone into cycle again after the move as some of your bacteria would have died during transport. If you have a spare cycled tank then definitely acclimatise the shrimp to that tank while this tank finishes re-cycling & move them back when it's safe again. :encouragement: