The Shrimp Sketch Off Competition!

OzShrimp

This competition has been approved by Nogi and Newbreed.

Its time to let your shrimp imagination flow and put it on paper! Its time for members to sketch/draw an imaginative shrimp related picture using pens pencils and textas, where you dont need skill just an honest attempt and imagination. Upon completing your drawing take a clear visible happy snap with your username written underneath.

Rules of the competition

* Members only have two (2) weeks to put their imagination on paper with submissions closing midnight the 24th April 2014.

* Members will have 1 vote in the poll only.

* Drawing or sketch is to be completed in pen, pencil or texta with colour being optional. No painting.

* Drawing must contain the submitters username written below the image.

* No sketching of other images must be free hand.

* No drawings conducted on computer utilising photo/shop or paint. Must be done by hand.

* 2 Entries per person.

* Members require minimum post count of 25 to enter.

Winner will have the option of having their submission turned into an avatar or will receive a custom avatar from scratch which includes the selection of colours and shrimp contained within it.

For time involved in creating the avatars it would normally be min $20+ for couple of hours depending on detail.

Samples of prize,

Ineke_zpse44f7096.jpgsmicko2_zps36c54d67.jpg

As stated this is not about skill, imagination is a big key, whether you draw a characteur, shrimp portrait etc the options are endless

Can we have different age groups?

My 7yr old daughter wants to enter, with a drawing of her daddy's CRS. :tears_of_joy:

• HOF Member

Great Idea guys - gives everyone a fair chance. I won't be competing because I already have the best avatar but good luck everyone :happydance:

Can we have different age groups?

My 7yr old daughter wants to enter' date=' with a drawing of her daddy's CRS. :tears_of_joy:[/quote']

No age groups sorry but i will allow two entries per person.

This will allow her to complete one for you ;).

Another great OzShrimp Competition idea :P

The winner will be decided by members voting for their favourite.

Mods and admin can also participate as they will not be making final decision.

Get your creative on everyone!!

Woohoo, my 8 year old daughter (well actually 7, 8 on ANZAC day), is willing and excited about it.....she's the best drawer in our house :-) Game On.

• HOF Member
Woohoo' date=' my 8 year old daughter (well actually 7, 8 on ANZAC day), is willing and excited about it.....she's the best drawer in our house :-) Game On.[/quote']

OK well competition closed she wins!

Though I'd post an early entry to the comp, to demonstarte the level of competition and quality !

Entry 1

4EB415EC-FBA4-4747-9209-F5A2D5E159BB.jpg

Very nice OEBT to start. Budding artist there Marcus!

That's it, I'm out! Can't compete with that! :dejection:

Great work BB! :encouragement:

That's it' date=' I'm out! Can't compete with that! :dejection: [/quote']

My Thoughts exactly!

I've never been good at drawing :/ so here's my first attempt. I attempted to draw a Golden Snow bee, only had blue pens next to me so this is what happened

885816_1490475981180268_8463847772662063398_o.jpg

My first entry a riffle shrimp, first pic is a scanned picture, second is a photograph of the same drawn picture.

drawshrimp016_zps0bf925b6.jpg

P10503542_zps493e4448.jpg

My second entry once again first picture is scanned into the computer the second is a photograph of the same drawing.

For some stupid reason photobucket wont let me save the picture horizontally so this will have to do

drawshrimp2017_zps90aa4b57.jpg

P10503552_zpsaf050089.jpg

Finally managed to turn the picture the right way.

drawshrimp2017_zps187e7ace.jpg

• HOF Member

I wasn't going to enter because I'm not much of an artist but just to join in the fun here is my one and only entry<a href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/ineke24/DSC_0231_zps2ed262f8.jpg' alt='DSC_0231_zps2ed262f8.jpg'>

That's a really cute crystal pink shrimp, Ineke. Is she called Chrissie for short?

• HOF Member
That's a really cute crystal pink shrimp' date=' Ineke. Is she called Chrissie for short?[/quote']

LOL she could be!

Chrissie has great eyes, have you been watching Anime? (For anyone who doesn't know Anime is a style of cartoon...very popular and not strictly for kids)

Anime is cool, but I shouldn't hijack a thread lol,

Awesome entries from all so far.

Cheers mick

• HOF Member
Chrissie has great eyes' date=' have you been watching Anime? (For anyone who doesn't know Anime is a style of cartoon...very popular and not strictly for kids)[/quote']

No I haven't looked at anime. It is just from lots of colouring in with the grand children and the big eyes seem to capture their imagination. The only other thing I can draw nicely is a horse head not the body just the head- have drawn them for years to let the kiddies colour them in. I must admit Chrissie is cute though I'm impressed with myself for once !

Hahaha, very cool pics & I have to agree that anime is awesome & the chinpokomon are my favourite, oohh! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BgE2sQ_Ry0

Chrissie also has a sneaky little smile, adds to the cute. LOL

Looking good guys! hopefully get a few more entries loads and loads of time left