My shrimp setup

emboli

Heya D, I bought several TBs and mischlings from BossAquaria and used them to start my program.

Still do not have much experience with the Mischling x Mischling scenario but from what I hear

they produce only very few KKs if any at all especially in the F1 gen. Maybe someone with more experience can shed more light on this

Hey Emboli, yeah that's what I knew as well, it's just that you mentioned the KK came from your mischling program. Nice work on the shrimplet, looks great!

The stripy legs on the SS CBS, wow mate!

• 4 months later...

Hi guys I know it has been a while since I last posted but been too busy with life in general.

I do have an update with my shrimp tanks though that I am happy to share.

King kongs have done well.

Initially I had 3 or 4 extreme black ones that survived for about 2 weeks before they disappeared. I assume they perished which is sad.

Got lots of shrimplets but they are more sensitive than crystals and grow slower as well.

Have only one ruby red that I have followed since it was 3mm long.

Here are some pics

IMG_7827.JPG9340776384_24530dc399_o.jpg

http://youtu.be/-G-_kzc4cwA

Black cherries

Black cherries have exploded and I am still culling out the dark brown/blue ones every week whenever I can to keep them consistently black.

I will be putting a few black pairs up for sale in the near future.

9340766554_9704163ff8_o.jpg

crystals reds

They now consistently come out solid but they seem to have stopped breeding probably because I moved them

into a new tank? Or maybe it is due to limited genetics? Unsure

20130707_170810%5B1%5D.jpg

Red rillis and sunkist cherries

I have gone lazy with culling my rillis and as a result their stripes are not always consistent. I get the occasional

blue one that pops out. What do you guys do with your blue rilli shrimp? I gave my last lot away as I was not sure what to do with them.

20130707_170711%5B1%5D.jpg20130707_172008%5B1%5D.jpg

Hope you all like the pictures.

• HOF Member

Great looking shrimp. With the blue Velvets or blue Rilis if they are good quality please pm Dean he is after blue velvet from Rili its not a usual thing for Dean to ask for anything. Great to see you back.

Thanks for looking guys

Ineke I am unsure if my lot are blue velvet rillis although i did have some confirmed ones last year. Do they look like them from the pictures? If so I will contact Dean and donate some to him.

H20rat yes that is a 2L satellite box. Very useful for separating cherries of different sorts. Had to replace the diffuser in this lot as it was faulty and made a lot of noise.

HexaD, these pictures are taken from separate tanks, but if you are interested in a recent fts ill post some up soon. They do not look very nice though - very overgrown

and jungle like :p