GH issue

hoang1912

Mightbe ur right. It's new package when I bought few month ago. Anyway, let see how's it going when testing. Will let u guys know the result soon :">

• HOF Member
Correct me if I'm wrong guys because I'm by far no professional.

But when I use to do my 10% water changes weekly with RO water and salty shrimp to an EC of around 200-210 my GH and EC use to creep up a lil higher each week then I started doing water changes with EC around 140-150 and my tank has maintained a steady EC of 220 and GH of 5 ever since' date=' maybe try keeping the EC of the water your changing with at a lower EC to combat the slow EC and GH increase... All I've read about matrix is that it can increase KH but I have used matrix when I bred discus and apisto's with out any problems.[/quote']

I think you are right too. I used to have a very stable GH 6 it rarely varied then suddenly it started to slowly creep up. When I did water changes I always tried to get the (in my case TDS) same reading in my bucket as in the tank, 1 tank went up to GH 9 so I started to get my TDS in the bucket to just over 1/2 the tank reading and the problem seemed to be sorted.

After 6 days testing, I notice that my Gh change to yellow from 1st drop with my RO water. I have to test again to 100% sure it's increasing my gh. Just letting u know that's result. Btw, I am thinking of changing 5l of my matrix to eheim sub pro. It's still good?