safe shipping times

bozzy

hi guys.

so far all my fish/shrimp have been purchased locally (longest trip was 25 mins to get red cherries) i live in nowra nsw which is a bit of a black hole for shipping into and out of.

im planning to get more shrimp in the near future but unless i get them expressed posted from sydney it will be a 2+ day trip.

anyone else have this issue? will they survive 2-3 days shipping? is that even humane?

my only other option is to buy within a 2-2 1/2 hour driving radius and physically go and pick them up

Howdy..... the combo of Kordon Bags & Foam Box will comfortably keep the shrimp fresh for 4-7 days, even longer periods, weather pending. On HOT days, I add a ice block or ice cube within the foam box to keep the temp down.......What shrimps do you have ? I'll send some shrimps across to you just to prove the safe passage :-) We'll both just document it, for the greater good of hobbyist to trust the passage of shipping shrimps. PM me your address/details, and shrimp of choice :-) TB, Tigers, Area 51 shrimps excluded...

thanks for the reply. that makes me much happier to find out the 2-3 days i would expect to wait for anything on the east coast is relativley safe.

for the record i currently have red and yellow cherries, but am wanting to increase the cherry varieties i have (want to get some blue rilli and maybe one day some blues and greens) and get some cbs as well

Hi Bozzy, just for the record mate im located in Port Kembla and there is a few shrimp breeders around the illawarra area with some really good cherry variants and all the others like cbs crs etc ill pm you

hi guys.

so far all my fish/shrimp have been purchased locally (longest trip was 25 mins to get red cherries) i live in nowra nsw which is a bit of a black hole for shipping into and out of.

im planning to get more shrimp in the near future but unless i get them expressed posted from sydney it will be a 2+ day trip.

anyone else have this issue? will they survive 2-3 days shipping? is that even humane?

my only other option is to buy within a 2-2 1/2 hour driving radius and physically go and pick them up

I feel your pain my friend, i live in rural nsw near lightning ridge so express post takes 3+ days and our hottest day this summ was 49 plus add 3 degrees for our weather thing being in the shade so i am scared to post shrimp lol evn tho i want to sell them

I feel your pain my friend' date=' i live in rural nsw near lightning ridge so express post takes 3+ days and our hottest day this summ was 49 plus add 3 degrees for our weather thing being in the shade so i am scared to post shrimp lol evn tho i want to sell them[/quote']

wow. our hottest day was somewhere around 40 but being on the coast its usually no more than max 35 (but almost always 100% humidity).

i guess i shouldnt complain to much about shipping but its a 1 1/2 hour drive to sydney and can take 2 days to ship from there.

You'd be surprised dude, I've shipped to areas that are usually 2 day trip & they've got there o/night but, as BB said, since the introduction of Kordon bags & the use of polystyrene boxes the trip is a lot safer. Only a few months back one of our members lost their shrimp for over a week(I think it might have been two weeks) & they all survived the trip, ever a TB. :encouragement:

i guess i shouldnt complain to much about shipping but its a 1 1/2 hour drive to sydney and can take 2 days to ship from there.

Yeah i would love to be able to drive 1 1/2 hours Sydney :( we have to travel to Sydney every 6 weeks or so for appointments and its 8hrs on way and like $280 petrol return lol.

Missed Bluebolts reply before i posted what a generous generous offer from a great guy!! Well done Marcus people like you that make this hobby enjoyable fantastic, ive never seen generosity like that when i was into fish keeping! :beer: