New here

Jaymes

Hi all, im new here fairly new to shrimp. Started off with my first couple pairs of red cherry shrimp about 8 months ago now have over 2000 red cherries, few hundred yellow cherries, some black cherries a couple chocolates, a pair of berried sunkist cherries, red/clear rilli shrimp, 100 plus red/blue rilli shrimp, some crs and cbs, getting a few blues from my chocolates that i plan to line breed from. Looking forward to learning a lot more about shrimp here.

Jaymes.

Welcome mate sounds like quiet a collection would love to see some pics of your tanks. Definetly the place to be for shrimp lovers

Welcome to the forum! At least we know where you stand on MTS :p

I'd love to see your army of shrimp if you have any photos? :D

Welcome to the forum, definitely the best place to be to learn about shrimp, hope you have as much fun here as we do! :encouragement:

Welcome to the forum! At least we know where you stand on MTS :p

I'd love to see your army of shrimp if you have any photos? :D

Excuse the noob question whats MTS?

• HOF Member
Excuse the noob question whats MTS?

Hi welcome to SKF , MTS- multi tank syndrome- once you start with shrimp you need more and more tanks to house all the different varieties - seems like you are already there.

Hi welcome to SKF ' date=' MTS- multi tank syndrome- once you start with shrimp you need more and more tanks to house all the different varieties - seems like you are already there.[/quote']

Haha yeah well I already had the setup that Im using for my shrimp before i got my first shrimp, it was my fighter setup. 15 kmart aquariums on a rack from bunnings. When I got out of fighters and found the world of shrimp i just converted the setup to suit. Each tank is about 13L with a single sponge filter.

Sounds cool....definitely looking fwd to see pic.....love to see masses of shrimps :-)

Welcome to SKF

[ATTACH]6214[/ATTACH]

This is the setup before converting it for the shrimp.

[ATTACH]6215[/ATTACH]

Some low grade cherries I have separated from my good ones.

[ATTACH]6216[/ATTACH]

Feeder grade cherries

[ATTACH]6217[/ATTACH]

CBS

[ATTACH]6218[/ATTACH]

Sunkist female berried up

[ATTACH]6219[/ATTACH]

CRS

[ATTACH]6220[/ATTACH]

Some of my higher grade red cherries but still not perfect

[ATTACH]6221[/ATTACH]

My darker chocolate cherry

[ATTACH]6222[/ATTACH]

Red rilli blue gene

[ATTACH]6223[/ATTACH]

Red rilli

post-3848-139909855601_thumb.jpg

post-3848-139909855603_thumb.jpg

post-3848-139909855606_thumb.jpg

post-3848-139909855608_thumb.jpg

post-3848-139909855611_thumb.jpg

post-3848-139909855614_thumb.jpg

post-3848-139909855616_thumb.jpg

post-3848-139909855619_thumb.jpg

post-3848-139909855622_thumb.jpg

post-3848-139909855626_thumb.jpg

Hey Jaymes, welcome to SKF.

Try hosting your pics on Photobucket or a similar site, then use the IMG links here.

Hey Jaymes and welcome to SKF!

I must say that is a wicked rack setup! And some absolutely gorgeous shrimp housed in it.

:)

Thanks for the comments all. I should get a recent pic of the rack as it looks much different to that pic. That one was taken before the shrimps went in it.

Hahaha, I think that how all of us started, I know there's a few(myself included) that started off with a couple of free red cherries, most expensive freebies I've ever got. :victorious:

Welcome.

Looks like you have found the most friendly, knowledgeable and above all the most active forum on shrimps around.

It's good to have another enthusiast on board.

Welcome! Your tanks are great, wish I had the space for that many. Enjoy the forum and all the great people here that so kindly share their shrimp keeping wisdom! :)