Trouble with my RO UNIT

poeticwinter

Anyone have same problem? since first install the faucet keep leaking, the hose keep lose and split the water to you :D and all the joint inlet, waste and produce is keep leaking :(

video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lGYgeuRfvc

Leave it for 20 minutes. and this what happen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRK6lzQz24s

and this the result

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXRtGs1WWI4

wonder is because still new, or need waiting for long time. the ph is extreme high not on chart

any body can help?

That's definitely not right, just check the the seal on the tap fitting is sitting right & not crimped. Also, with the lines on the unit you need to check that they are pushed in all the way, it takes a little effort but they will move in a bit more when they are all the way in & I'm guessing you've checked that you have it flowing the right way, just trying to check the simple stuff first. :encouragement:

hi squigs the tap connector for some reason look like losse, i cant tight up or even remove it. the line of unit as well i keep push in. its still keep leaking, sometimes not leak, but its keep going on which is anoying haha. ill try againbtw how about usually the water parameter result? is need take time? that my first batch of produce water only get a little bit after 20 minutes. and the ph is super high. my tap water 7.2 and that is unkown result so blue not in chartoh my its so terrible i even have shower with it

That's definitely not right, just check the the seal on the tap fitting is sitting right & not crimped. Also, with the lines on the unit you need to check that they are pushed in all the way, it takes a little effort but they will move in a bit more when they are all the way in & I'm guessing you've checked that you have it flowing the right way, just trying to check the simple stuff first. :encouragement:

unfortunetelly i dont have tds meter yet. it should coming within 2 days, but because christmas probably not come till 30 december. i try to contact the manufacturer hopefully get feedback soon

What was the TDS of the water filtered? Have you spoken to the manufacturer to get some help off them?

That doesn't look right, it definitely shouldn't leak from the joints like in the video. I would contact the seller and show them the videos, is there another tap you can test the unit on?

Oh Dear..…must be frustrating. All the tubes, needs to be pushed right in, until you feel it hitting the back. Check that there is a O ring on the faucet. Can also use some plumbing tape ?

unfortunetally the seller on holiday till 2 january :(

That doesn't look right, it definitely shouldn't leak from the joints like in the video. I would contact the seller and show them the videos, is there another tap you can test the unit on?

i did bb is so frustating hahaa. i come back 5 times and all wet and not resolve :D theres O ring on the fauchet is like black rubber right? the problem is the leaking is in the middle of that connector.

Oh Dear..…must be frustrating. All the tubes, needs to be pushed right in, until you feel it hitting the back. Check that there is a O ring on the faucet. Can also use some plumbing tape ?

If it is leaking it isnt connected right.. those push lock connectors can withstand stupid pressure try unplugging and replugging it all.

As for the ph issue, a ro unit wont drop the ph.... it will however remove all the buffering minerals so natural acidification with CO2 can take place. This wont happen immediately but should technically drop the ph to 5.8 over time.

the problem is the leaking is in the middle of that connector.

There should be a rubber O ring in that joint too. :encouragement:

allright ill try it again soon

There should be a rubber O ring in that joint too. :encouragement:

i did try again now the ro unit not leaking anymore, although its easy leaking everytime install it need push it.

but the tap water connector is definately faulty. at least now not splash on me anymore now :D

the question is now about the water parameter, i will keep it running for 45minutes. and then test the water again. as the first testing is doesnt look good very blue. it might because the new filter?

Hey there poeticwinter, where the faucet adaptor screws onto the spout there should be a flat neoprene washer for the adaptor to seal against. The push fittings have a small o'ring on the inside of the fitting and small SS fingers which grab onto the tube and hold it in place. IF o'ring is damaged when installing you will get a leak, to remove tube hold the small outer ring down against the fitting where you push tube in and then pull tube out, check tube for damage and check to see if o'ring is damaged. These fittings very rarely leak, hope this helps.

yea i just concern about is the ph more high when using RO, because before only 7.0-7.2 and latest check is probably unkown or more than 8 is so blue. so i did try to make it running 1.5 hours and will check again.how about the tds? is the ro unit can bring down the TDS? as my tap water TDS is very high like 895

My earlier post addresses the ph issue. Not sure if you missed it.

this video showing the faucet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcVBato444Iit comes with 2 extra rubber, but i cant fit that 2 rubber between the gap they are to small, although 2 extra rubber i think is only spare for the topwhen i did push the water switch upwards is stop leaking. so i assume is faulty faucet

Hey there poeticwinter, where the faucet adaptor screws onto the spout there should be a flat neoprene washer for the adaptor to seal against. The push fittings have a small o'ring on the inside of the fitting and small SS fingers which grab onto the tube and hold it in place. IF o'ring is damaged when installing you will get a leak, to remove tube hold the small outer ring down against the fitting where you push tube in and then pull tube out, check tube for damage and check to see if o'ring is damaged. These fittings very rarely leak, hope this helps.

895?? what is coming out of your tap, mud?

A ro/di unit should be putting out 0 tds.

As for the pH jump im not too sure.

I would be inclined to leave it for 24 hours and retest.

yes Tds 895 is coming out from tap water. last time my shrimp tank reach 1000++ tds and crs keep dying. ao i bought ro unit, but in mean time waiting ro unit i just bought distilled water until my tds meter hopefully coming by monday. if not i need wait till 30 december :(

895?? what is coming out of your tap, mud? A ro/di unit should be putting out 0 tds.As for the pH jump im not too sure. I would be inclined to leave it for 24 hours and retest.