G'day

daz88

Hi,

I've just signed up. Thanks for having me in the forum.

I began keeping aquaria a few years ago, had a break and this year became heavily into planted aquaria, with this recent obsession i have developed a growing love of shrimp.

I currently have a 2 foot planted display with red cherry shrimp, darwin algae eater shrimp, galaxy rasboras (cpds), liquorice gourami (favourite fish), otos, boraras naevus, endlers (in hindsight a mistake to add females also) and danio erythromicron (which shouldn't be mixed with the galaxies but oh well). Here is a picture of the 2 footer taken about month ago, I'm sure some of you have seen this picture elsewhere.

DSC_0929_zps69138323.jpg

I have developed multiple tank syndrome - i have nearly ten other small to medium sized tanks housing more endless, apistogramma agassizii, and more recently yellow and chocolate cherry shrimp. Luckily i have a small storage room in which to hide the obsession from my wife. One of the yellows is berried! yay!

I plan to start foot 4 display, a custom built clone of an ADA 120-F, which is arriving soon. I hope to aquascape it and make it a shrimp and tiny fish species tank.

Anyway, thanks again for granting me membership to the forum.

Cheers,

Daz.

Welcome to the forum, definitely a bad place as we encourage MTS, feel free to ask as many questions you like cause there's no dumb ones here. Hope you have as much fun here as we do! :victorious:

funny-animal-gifs-banned-in-hollywood09_zps7b61dc46.gif

Welcome to SKF Daz. Shrimp keeping is highly addictive, plus there's such a variety of colours and variants that it makes so many of us with MTS syndrome.

Beautiful planted tank there :-)

Welcome to the forum Daz. Brilliant looking tank you have there, the cherries will be loving it.

Ask lots of questions and share more pics of your journey. These shrimp are incredibly addictive, don't say you haven't been warned!!

Welcome and Enjoy!!

• HOF Member

Awesome tank. I take it you are not having any problems with the fish eating your shrimp?

Thanks for the welcomes and the comments.

Awesome tank. I take it you are not having any problems with the fish eating your shrimp?
No, plenty of shrimp, plenty of hiding places. My liquorice gourami pair have bred in here with two offspring now a few months old. If only the cpds would reproduce. And yes, i'm already in contact with someone to purchase a pair of blue rills. I am running out of bench space to put additional tanks.

Hi Daz & Welcome. Very nice tank. When you run out of bench space get racks & go up as well.:encouragement: