Snowball Colony

BlueBolts

My snowballs colony is finally expanding rapidly. Attempted to breed them with Caridina WP, without much success....they perhaps do require KH after all :-( Patience got the better of me, and finally gave in to the obvious, and BOOM, the colony is expanding. Once my 3rd generation matures, I'll be attempting to breed them with 0-1 KH...

11EE6119-4704-44B3-BF31-B0141E1F911F.jpgnull_zps6348abad.jpg

The snowballs are one of my fav cherries, their white coloured eggs (snow balls) are fascinating.

Oh! They are so pretty...love them!

Silly question again...Are snowball shrimp and white pearl shrimp the same thing? (I might even have asked that before, but I get so confused! :smiley_simmons:)

Yes they are Garny, no stipud questions remember. :victorious:

Super sexy shrimp there BB, love that colour & definitely some interesting info, I'm guessing this would be the same for Blue Pearls as well. :encouragement:

Do you have Blue Pearls' date=' Marcus??? :congratulatory:[/quote']

No Blue Pearls….they look identical to Blue Velvets, but I do have… oh never mind. Bhahahahahaha

No Blue Pearls….they look identical to Blue Velvets' date='[/quote']Oh no, they don't. Blue velvets have a yellow saddle and yellow eggs....and that ruins the whole colour scheme. :mad:What? Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!!!!!

Oh no' date=' they don't. Blue velvets have a yellow saddle and yellow eggs....and that ruins the whole colour scheme. :mad:

[/quote']

Haven't seen a blue pearl on the flesh but thought their eggs were yellow/brown too ? Unlike its snowball cousin, that has the distinct snowball eggs. The blue pearl has a distinct brown/red dots...

19320209d247eb72687a189aed80b5d6.jpg

So maybe these are just blue-ish white pearls then?? :confused:

Anyway....do you have THESE maybe? :congratulatory:

The eggs of the blue pearl shrimp are brown-green, not quite "blue pearl" as we would hope/imagined, judging by the name, and it's snowball cousin :-(

The 2nd pic you have there looks like the snowball shrimps, which have snowball looking saddles/eggs, which make them so cool…..see what I did there ? ;)

The 2nd pic you have there looks like the snowball shrimps' date=' which have snowball looking saddles/eggs, which make them so cool…..see what I did there ? ;)[/quote']

Yes yes...very smart smart, BB

But I don't want brown eggs, nor do I want yellow saddles or red spots.

I want "blue ice shrimp" that looks just like the one in the first pic.

This one has white eggs and some red spots. :confused:

1334666174_bue-pearl-shrimp.jpg

Great looking snowballs there bb ;) those white eggs are just fascinating. I believe the scientific name for these bad boys and girls are neocaridina palmata... Might be wrong

Zhangjianensis is the Blue Pearls with yellow eggs & Snowballs with white eggs. The blues ones with white eggs I believe are Palmata(I might be wrong too Gman, lol), but they also come in other colours as well. :encouragement:

no wait, wasn't some of the names revised? zhanjiajiensis was revised to palmata and heteropoda (the cherry shrimp) got changed to davidi? arrrggghhhh confusing