The best moment.

So I have been on holidays for the last week, chilling out in Mildura, been rather good.

Been frantically waiting to get home to check on my shrimp, will they even still be there?

Been thinking my CBS mish I got a few months ago were all male...

Well, I got home to this.

1460265_10152072206412160_1352422167_n.jpg

Needless to say, I AM FREAKING EXCITED!

Congrats dude! that feeling you get when your shrimps get berried when you leasts expect it... and in your case its a mischling! So hopefully they will produce some taiwan bees. Also may i ask what type of soil that is you are using?

Congrats dude! that feeling you get when your shrimps get berried when you leasts expect it... and in your case its a mischling! So hopefully they will produce some taiwan bees. Also may i ask what type of soil that is you are using?

Thanks! I was so happy' date=' I got some Berried CRS before I left, say about a week. The eggs look to be a little lighter, but I guess i can't have all the surprises! I don't know how long they had been berried for prior to me purchasing them...

[img']http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/882/bee/194/resized/waiting-game-meme-generator-and-now-the-waiting-game-07fc04.PNG?1343280655.jpg

ADA Malaya and power sand, Filter is full of BIO RIO, but it buffers at under 6, and has done since the day I set these up. I tried 2 different test kits, and even borrowed a probe.

I would drop it a little more, but if it aint broke why fix it?

Everyone said It would buffer above 6.. eg 6.2ish.

RODI, Salty Shrimp, Shrimp Balls and that's it.

Would you suggest maybe trying to get it a bit lower over a long period of time?

I was thinking about adding fluvic (over the course of months), but unsure if I should really fiddle.

She's looking great. Congratz.

PH 6.2 is perfect......don't need to add fulvic.

YAYYYYYY!

Im pretty freaking happy, so much so, I wanna get another 2 tanks set up.

2 more 30cm cubes.

The bed side tables are about 475mm each, giving me room for another 1 cube easy (if I lay a bit of timber under all 3, keeping a common level), but I wonder if I can squeeze 2 more on, with a bit of overhang.

Anyone got a spare piece of shelve?

1250mm x 3000mm x solid :P

MTS you have it bad! Congratulations

I certainly do.

My girlfriend just laughs now when I suggest the thought, if she only knew I wasnt kidding.

If I was 100% that that floor could hold it, I would set up a small rack.. but yeah, having 400L of water fall through the floor isnt something I think the landlord, or I really want.

WAHOO!! That's freaking awesome news dude' date=' congrats! :victorious:[/quote']

Now I just have to wait and see what pops out of these... I might not need that TB+mishie pack squiggle..

If you ever need to make some space :P

So some more "best moments".

On the weekend, i decided to set up my 2 new cubes.

another 2 x 30cm cubes, HOB filter.. simple set up

Need to get a 120cm LED light so I can save some coins on the power bill

Every 2nd tank is heated, keeping the heating costs down.. there is barely any difference between the tanks :)

1452114_10152089119767160_2020866275_n.jpg

and

while I was removing water from 1 tank to put in one of the new ones... I noticed this :)

1424304_10152088984212160_1228151800_n.jpg

YAYYYYYYY!

Spunky looking tanks dude, very cool indeed! Also, congrats on the shrimplet, very well done! :victorious:

Spunky looking tanks dude' date=' very cool indeed! Also, congrats on the shrimplet, very well done! :victorious:[/quote']

Thanks Squiggs, means a lot coming from you (just been lurking your rack thread...)

Few other little bits and pieces like sponge filters and running air line for them, new LED light, and, once all settled I will need something to put in there.

I used old media from the other cubes (about 5 teaspoon of BIO RIO fit, compared to the 400ml that fits in my other HOB, but I might just use double sponges, instead of the single ones.. 50% water from old tanks, so it shouldn't take too long to cycle.

Also need to get some SS mesh sheets, as these tanks will be for moss basically.

As for the babies new crystals, I counted 3 yesterday, but they are all hiding. The mummas were pretty much unable to move due to the amount of eggs they were carrying, so Im guessing maybe 20-30 babies, now its just making sure they survive.

Pretty excited though, cannot wait til the walls are crawling with babies, like the girlfriend's Cherry cube :)

Sounds like you've got a good plan in place. LEDs are definitely the way to go, low power, low heat & great brightness, only thing is they can still be a little pricey. :dejection:

Your tank should cycle pretty quick with the procedure you've used, can't wait to see it teeming with shrimp either, should look awesome! :victorious:

Slate or Terracotta tiles will work just as well & probably a little easier to get a hold of, also, I've had SS plates moving around when the mosses start to grow as they don't have much weight to them. The best I've found are the tiles with SS mesh retaining plates but then they aren't very cheap when you have to get a few of them. :encouragement:

Sounds like you've got a good plan in place. LEDs are definitely the way to go' date=' low power, low heat & great brightness, only thing is they can still be a little pricey. :dejection:

Your tank should cycle pretty quick with the procedure you've used, can't wait to see it teeming with shrimp either, should look awesome! :victorious:

Slate or Terracotta tiles will work just as well & probably a little easier to get a hold of, also, I've had SS plates moving around when the mosses start to grow as they don't have much weight to them. The best I've found are the tiles with SS mesh retaining plates but then they aren't very cheap when you have to get a few of them. :encouragement:[/quote']

Im no going to touch things for a week and test then, hopefully I can get it done within 2 weeks.

As for the SS, I will be affixing to the side and back, making slate a lil more painful to use.

For the bottom, slate tiles will be used.

I have 2 of the grow out plants you speak of, NEVER again will I buy them, simply too expensive for this,

The idea is to do things with 2 things in mind.

- Filtration.

- Cost

Over filter, spend the $$$ here.

LED in long term will save money VS running 2x Twin T5HO and pay itself off.

People questioned me about the HOB, but its just insurance, they dont use much power, 1 of the Twin T5's use as much as the 4 HOB filters, so no brainer to upgrade. Not to mention it will free up a power socket.

The heater idea was given to me by Adrian @ ** and it seems too work.

I will have to monitor to make sure temps dont drop too low on cool summer nights,

... I should stop blabbering, but just too excited!