Ramshorn Snail Eggs

BlueBolts

I was given a tub of ramshorn snail eggs……just wondering whether it's OK to gently scrap them off the tub and throw them into my shrimp tank ? Any acclimatisation required ? Possible Damage ? :tears_of_joy:

Why not just add water to the container ? Keep it somewhat close to a aquarium light for slight heat

and do a nice water change in the container daily ???

They are fairly tough BB so you can scrape them, or as suggested leave them where they are.

I have some native macro snail at the moment. look like a midget Apple snail sort of and at 4 to 5mm they are cute, Fishmosy took some home when he was here.

Bob

Pictures please Bob, I quite like snails that aren't breeding machines.

LOL I have 2 chances in hell of getting them in a photo. next time I send stuff to you I will send some. I know nothing about them at this stage? live bearer egg layer?

I just set up a tank inside, first tank inside in 15 years YES, I have shrimp and the micro snails in it, so I can shrimp stare and snail stare now. OH and the native algae ball from you, doing well by the way.

Time for Ben to chime in as he may have some photos.

Bob

SORRY BB I dragged it off topic AGAIN

BB if your really wanting some ramshorns I can send you some MONSTER adult ones that are busy living with my yabbies. There is about 4 I saw easily (I threw out a heap the other day :cower:)

P1030104_zpsc6b3a226.jpg

P1030103_zpsa8475849.jpg

Bob, midget apple snails, native algae ball... You got me curious, pics PLEASE.

Baccus, if the eggs are unsuccessful in hatching, I may take you up on the offer :-)

Every so often I find pink ramshorns in my tanks, if you where dedicated (which I wasn't) you could selectively breed them to get true breeding pink. I will see if I can get some pics of them to show you.

I found 4 small pink ones and there is bound to be more hidden away in my tanks. Here are some quick pics to give you an idea of what they look like sorry the quality is not great.

The first pic is with a flash

P1030105_zpsc562debc.jpg

No flash

P1030110_zps895a63f2.jpg

and from underneath since they wouldn't be obliging and stick to the side of the container

P1030111_zpsa8ae14a3.jpg

Some more pictures of the pink ones plus a normal to compare against.

P1030122_zpsc9f50f82.jpg

Normal dark coloured one

P1030120_zps9a36beb0.jpg

• HOF Member

BB They will survive- once you get them in your tank your stuck with them. 8 months of squishing still sees them thriving in my tanks:dejection: I don't get any big ones anymore and yet they still breed! If the container is clean you can just put it in a tank they will hatch!