Sign in to follow this  
Sprae

Söchting oxidizer

Sprae
Do you have lots of surface aggitation? The edge dosent look like it would get much filled to the top?

As much as that small neck can agitate.

brenkirk

I have had my oxidizer in the tank for a couple of days now. The H2O2 level is dropping, but I cannot see any bubbles. Is it working?

Sprae
I have had my oxidizer in the tank for a couple of days now. The H2O2 level is dropping' date=' but I cannot see any bubbles. Is it working?[/quote']

Remember the oxygen is being released so effectively that in many cases you won't be able to see it. Once in awhile I see some micro bubbles flow away.

Gbang

agree with sprae. you can see the fine bubbles inside going off and if you look really intensely you can actually see the oxygen bubbles coming outside as well

durro68

Well if you plan to get the D or A model (that don't come with H2O2 solution) then don't be in a massive rush to set it up!

I suggest you order you 35% Food Grade H2O2 ASAP - I ordered mine same day I ordered the Oxydators - got the delivery from Dean next day 9Tuesday) ..... still waiting on the solution ... told it will be at the Post Office tomorrow!

Sprae

I noticed that the mini oxydator has slowed down usage of the solution. It's just about 50% as I mentioned a few days ago. May last for another week now...

Dean

it has happened to a couple of mine to, its because there is a bit of catalyst powder inside the glass/plastic when you first fill them up.

this causes the H202 to react with it and there for causes it to dissolve faster initially.

you should find that it only happens like this on the first fill.

Sprae

Now when do you refill the oxydator? Do you leave it till its empty or refill at a certain low point? My oxydator has about 1/5th left and I'm not sure to refill now or wait till its emptied.

Dean

wait till its empty or fill when ever you like, it really makes no difference :)

Sprae
wait till its empty or fill when ever you like' date=' it really makes no difference :)[/quote']

Heh. All topped up yesterday. Certainly looking it's reactive slower than the first week. Should last 3-4 weeks I'm thinking.

Gbang

mine is rocking and the shrimp are very happy :)

Sprae
mine is rocking and the shrimp are very happy :)

Can't agree more. Since I've adding the oxydator and doing top ups with RO salty shrimp minerals I've got 5 berried shrimps, not including the one that died 2 weeks ago.

Previously I'd be lucky to have 1-2 berried.

HexaD

This thread has inspired me to put in my order for the oxydator and the hydrogen peroxide today! But still had a few noobie questions,

1. I bought a mini, is the capacity for the mini 75ml (as per the 2 x solutions that come with it)?

2. Buying a 500ml hydrogen peroxide should last for at least 2 years right?

Dean

thanks for placeing the order mate, your goods are on the way.

the 2 x 75ml bottles that are supplied with it should give you 4 refills if i remember right.

if you buy the 35% food grade H202 500ml bottle, it should last a long long time as you only need to use it at 4.9% in the mini oxydator.

just remember to keep the 35% refrigerated as per instructions from supplier.

you are on your way to many shrimp now mate :)

HexaD

Thanks mate, you are a bloody legend! Great customer service!

Sprae

Just wondering how to dilute 35% H2O2 down to 4.9%. Is it 1:7 parts?

Dean

i suck at maths so can not help. mix the 6% and add a little more water :) if its weaker strength it will just make less oxygen is all.