what reverse osmosis unit to buy for 250 litres per week plus drining water?

shrimphive

Currently in the market for a new to system that sure output some drinking water for the family.

I need roughly 200 -300 liters a week.

Based in Melbourne.

Can anyone suggest makes/models ? I want to make sure im buying a quality unit which will be easy for sourcing pars in years to come.

Cheers ppl

Best thing to do would be to call the guys at FSA(Filter Systems Australia) & they will be more than happy to help you make a decision on which RO unit is best for you. :victorious:

FSA are great! With great service.

They have a unit with output for both aquarium water and drinking water. just turn one tap off and another on.

I have this unit - never used it for drinking water yet but the option is there

I thought you could drink any RO water?

When searching this is what I found . ....

> Some of the most recent University studies have concluded that DI water

>>> is

>>> not to be recommended for drinking purposes. RO water is sufficiently

>>> purified for drinking purposes in most cases unless there is a specific

>>> substance in the tap water that is known to be outside of the normal

>>> limits.

>>> If that were the case, we would look for the correct treatment for that

>>> substance.

RO is ok, RO-di(what we use for shrimp) is not good to drink, it leeches minerals etc from your body

FSA do add on canisters to re mineralise ur RO water. U can go ph 7.0 but even better go the ph 9.0 (potassium media) as it is very beneficial for ur body.. I, and most ppl I know, love the stuff and no longer drink tap water :)

But dont drink straight ro.. no good for u

+1, pure RO/DI water is bad to drink, you need to raise the PH to 7.0 at the very least with an alkalizer stage :victorious:

We r drinking the RO and thw ph is par with rainwater and I find it tastes great and hydtates well... my unit is not ro/di so it wont matter.