Hello all! Looking forward to talking with you all.

shrimphive

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are based in Melbourne, Australia and have grown very fond of tending to shrimp at home.

We currently have CBS and CRS with mostly A grades with a dozen berried as I write this but are in the process of setting up a 9 tank rack for selective breeding.

I hope I can help others by sharing my journey to date and look forward to being able to call on you all for ideas and assistance....

Happy shrimping!

Welcome to the forum shrimphive.

It sounds like you have a winner with your wife loving shrimp. Definitely looking forward to the pics of your rack setup.

Cheers,

D

Welcome to SKF!

Hope you can share your experience with us and join in our friendly shrimp crazy community. :encouragement:

Welcome to the forum! Lots of knowledge here and there is no such thing as a silly question so ask away. The forum will open up for you as your post count increases and we LOVE to see photos of your shrimp, fish, setups in progress....pretty much anything :)

Welcome to the forum, definitely the best place to be for shrimp, we love pics here so whack some of your shrimp & tanks up when you can & you should also start a journal when you can. The rest of the forum will open up the more you post. Hope you have as much fun here as we do! :victorious:

parrot_zps57c54b04.gif

Welcome to SKF. That rack sounds awesome. Looking forward to see pics, and please do share the details :encouragement:

Welcome to the forum Shrimphive!! Great to see more shrimp enthusiasts in Victoria!!

Please be sure to start a journal on your rack development as it will assist others in getting them set up too!!

Enjoy the forum and ask lots of questions!!

Cheers

I'll post thankyou all for the warm welcome! I was shocked to see so many replies.

Ill post up some pics shortly!

Whats the best way to share pics? I dont seeem to have permission to search or 90% of the forum currently?

IMG_20131013_181757_zpsa45939a4.jpgmy 2 foot tank with 60 odd cars and 10 CBS with a small breeding chamber who has berried crs which have been put aside for future breeding

My inlet filter on the 2 foot tank with cars eating biofilm

IMG_20131013_182034_zps662eaa77.jpg

Closeup of breeding chamber with 7 berried due to pop soon - really bsd shot they are in hiding- i will chamge to external hang on tank next week so i can see them better ( all temp fixes as im cycling a few more tanks currently.

IMG_20131013_182013_zps4bc9ea4f.jpg

My

post-3772-13990985424_thumb.jpg

post-3772-139909854246_thumb.jpg

post-3772-139909854251_thumb.jpg

Awesome looking tank dude, I love how you've stuck it to the roof like that, hahaha :smiley_simmons: We are a pretty friendly lot & love having fun in on this forum. :encouragement:

This is a closed forum & the rest of it will open up the more you post, it encourages the members to contribute to it & become part of the community. :applause:

IMG_20131013_181422_zps0f66facf.jpg

My shrimp tank rackI'll be setting up again shortly ! I have to move hoise agsin in a month to 2 months bit esger to start cycling and tranfer theater to the new house

IMG_20131013_181900_zps6db9e0e5.jpg

Nice pics dude, that rack will look very cool when it up & running, should be able to create some sweet quality shrimp & very interesting breeding programs, will be watching very closely to see how this progresses. :victorious:

Nice pics dude' date=' that rack will look very cool when it mightuld be able to create some sweet quality shrimp & very interesting breeding programs, will be watching very closely to see how this progresses. :victorious:[/quote']

Where should i be posting re journal etc? I dont have access to anything... does this change when i hit a certain post count?

Yes, the more you post the more the forum opens up!! Great pics, thanks for sharing!! That rack is going to give you hours of shrimp staring options!! Look forward to how it all develops.

Yes' date=' the more you post the more the forum opens up!! Great pics, thanks for sharing!! That rack is going to give you hours of shrimp staring options!! Look forward to how it all develops.[/quote']

Cheers mate so your going to the aquarium in Richmond for the fund raiser? If so see you there..!

Yeah the more you post the more it opens up to you, the only thing you won't be able to see is the library & classifieds, only premium membership will open them up & it will also instantly open up the rest of the forum, best $12.50 you'll ever spend :victorious:

• HOF Member

Welcome to SKF. The premium membership is definitely the way to go. Heaps to see and learn here