new to shrimp looking for friend and shrimp community at WA as they starting to disappear...

poeticwinter

hello all,

heard of the news some people says shrimp are become illegal at WA, wonder if anyone have postage from interstate to wa lately? or looking for friends and share about shrimp... as we are shrimp lovers!

attached my new setup fish tank :)

post-1355-13990986448_thumb.jpg

cheers

post-3763-13990986314_thumb.jpg

post-3763-139909863147_thumb.jpg

post-3763-139909863151_thumb.jpg

post-3763-139909863155_thumb.jpg

thank you...that the fish setup only^^ have setup nano tank but not get shrimp yet. i have them a while ago...

Hi and welcome Nice setup you have also what shrimp are you keeping

i knew some still does, and chassing for them but yeah once again they keep quiet or private only. do u keep shrimp? what kind shrimp you have? and do u have picture?

I don't think anyone in wa are keeping shrimp anymore very quiet in your neck of the woods unfortunately

Welcome, this is a great place for information. And great community just to discuss your love of shrimp. And you can have native shrimp mate, chameleons and glass shrimp are your best bet from what I know.

oh and post a picture of your nano please

hi androo thanks so much... nothing much on the nano tank as is only 1 day old now.... updated on the top for the picture. only have 3 baby guppy there at the moment waiting water to cycle

Welcome, this is a great place for information. And great community just to discuss your love of shrimp. And you can have native shrimp mate, chameleons and glass shrimp are your best bet from what I know.oh and post a picture of your nano please

Hi and welcome to SKF! :)

Nice tanks :encouragement:. Sorry to hear shrimp are hard to get over there. All the best wishes you can get that nano set up with shrimp

shrimp_zpsc4e74d96.gif

Also u will need to get either fine stainless steel mesh or a really fine corse filter sponge

to block up the inlets of the built in sump otherwise some shrimp will get In there

thank you :)

Hi and welcome to SKF! :)Nice tanks :encouragement:. Sorry to hear shrimp are hard to get over there. All the best wishes you can get that nano set up with shrimp shrimp_zpsc4e74d96.gif

will make moss backgound on it if possible or java fern...although i want decorate the tank with some stone and substrate. but i did test first time the sand going to the divider so the divider abit open and all my fish going to back filter. although back filter are safe as blocked by sponge.... they cant be suck to the filter pump. after repaired a bit. the gate is closed and only filteration hole still there...but yeah more protection is the better :)thanks for advice... PS: have seen some of your shrimp, pretty good :)

Also u will need to get either fine stainless steel mesh or a really fine corse filter sponge to block up the inlets of the built in sump otherwise some shrimp will get In there

Welcome to the forum. Great looking fish tank setup you have there.

Shame you can't get shrimp in WA, didn't realise that was the case. Just like we can't have Koi in Victoria, so frustrating!!

At least your tank will be good for other aquatic species! Lots to choose from!

Welcome to the forum, your tanks look awesome, hope you have as much fun here as we do! :victorious:

funny_animal_gif_animations_05TONGUE_zps147e693d.gif

• HOF Member

Welcome to SKF heaps to see and learn here. Hope you enjoy our forum. As you post you will get to see more of the forum so the more you post the more you see:encouragement:

its shame and frustating i agree :( they are beautiful creatures!

Welcome to the forum. Great looking fish tank setup you have there. Shame you can't get shrimp in WA, didn't realise that was the case. Just like we can't have Koi in Victoria, so frustrating!! At least your tank will be good for other aquatic species! Lots to choose from!

thank you its such nice forum glad to refer by someone to join here.

Welcome to the forum, your tanks look awesome, hope you have as much fun here as we do! :victorious:funny_animal_gif_animations_05TONGUE_zps147e693d.gif

Really? no wonder i cant see buy and sell thread yet?

Welcome to SKF heaps to see and learn here. Hope you enjoy our forum. As you post you will get to see more of the forum so the more you post the more you see:encouragement:

I thought things had settled down in WA with shrimp keeping? Something a long the lines that the Department doing all the raids had their budget cut.

no dont think so... seems still not allowing keeping shrimp. cause even pet shot not allow to sell them.. its something to do with departement fisheries

I thought things had settled down in WA with shrimp keeping? Something a long the lines that the Department doing all the raids had their budget cut.

That's correct it's the department of fisheries. And they have had budget cuts but if they can have ya I'm sure they would. Things have gone quiet because people are no longer advertising, no one is admitting they have them. But there are a lot around, just no one talks about it

im always cautious even going to buy food

The first rule about WA Shrimp Club' date=' is You don't talk about WA Shrimp Club. :barbershop_quartet_[/quote']

Lol