Golden White Shrimp

Heavyd

Hi all,

Once my new tank is fully cycled, I'm thinking of doing a little selective breeding with the Golden White Shrimp I have already got.

Does anyone know if selectively breeding for the white solidity is similar to normal CRS?

Does breeding two golden white shrimp produce lots of golden whites of various qualities/grades?

Or will I also get CRS popping out depending on the original genes of the goldens? (I recall the article recently from Silane? mentioning that the golden gene is recessive, so two golden breeding together should produce some CRS, right?

Hi Heavyd, All really depends on the genetics of the GB's.....my breeding program is 2.5 years now..(i.e. close to F4/F5), and it's offsprings are just about 100% GB/SW. Can't even recall when was the last time I saw a CRS/CBS in that tank.

Interesting.....

So I may have lots of goldens then. Only reason I say this, is that whenever the golden shrimp were dropped in my tank, a lot of the shrimplets from that batch are golden.

I would be interested to see some photos if you are willing to share. Especially if you have progress over time shots.

Hi Heavyd' date=' All really depends on the genetics of the GB's.....my breeding program is 2.5 years now..(i.e. close to F4/F5), and it's offsprings are just about 100% GB/SW. Can't even recall when was the last time I saw a CRS/CBS in that tank.[/quote']

Fantastic work BB!

"Over time shots" is a great idea, but I didn't have the vision to do this ! Will try to take some pics tomorrow, and post them up.....

Thanks Sprae .... shrimps have thought me patience !

2.5 years mate that is excellent. this is what we need more of, focus and determination to carry on a line and see how good it can get. i wish i could get Yulboy from AL to get on here. his shrimp were amazing when i saw them close to a year and a half ago... and that was already 3 years in!