Hello from the country music capital

Jimmynich

Hello all,

My names James and im from Tamworth NSW. Recently bought myself some cherry shrimp from my lfs and am absolutely hooked already, have some new shrimplets buzzing around my 4 foot planted tank and my brother inlaw and i have just purchased 2 additional tanks, sponge filters, and Mr Aqua shrimp substrate to set up some tanks cycling and to get a few breeding projects online.Also just installed an RO machine for easy hassle free water changes. Anyways enough talk for now will be great to ask questions and get some good information while I am here and hopefully even buy some nice breeding stock :)

Will add some pics shortly

• HOF Member

Hi welcome to SKF you have come to the right place to feed your addiction heaps to see and learn here. Hope you will get some minerals to put into the RO , something like salty shrimp as the RO water has nothing in it. What type of shrimp are you going to get?

Great intro, welcome to SKF. It's a very addictive hobby, and with all the variations available, makes it all so interesting. Looking forward to the pics, and ask any questions...we're a friendly lot. The forum opens up the more you post, or there the prem membership route of $12.50, which gives you access to the entire forum, plus the classified and auction.

Welcome to the forum, definitely the best place to learn about shrimp, ask as many questions as you want cause we don't believe in dumb questions here. Hope you have as much fun here as we do! :victorious:

image_zps7b51fb10.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Have some salty shrimp mineral ordered and on the way, plan on keeping the 4 foot as a bit of a bulk cherry tank may try and breed them to a bit bolder colours as they're pretty low quality. Eventually want to get hold of some nice mischlings to hopefully breed and start a nice line of wine reds or pandas but thats well down the track at this stage. We're taking things nice and easy for starters, and will probably get hold of some crs and cbs in the near future once we have cycled these new tanks.

welcome mate, im originally from tamworth myself, which lfs did you get your shrimp from as im intrigued that1 of them is finally picking there game up

• HOF Member

Sounds like a good plan, slow and steady. We have a good classifieds section where you can also put an ad with what you are looking for and usually someone will have some. Unfortunately you need to be a premium member to access that and to open the forum quickly for you. The forum will open as you post the more you post the more you see but it won't open the classifieds . Feel free to ask any questions and someone will be sure to answer for you. Hope you enjoy our forum.

Thanks for all the info guys looks like ill be coughing up the $12.50 shortly, guessing these proceeds go toward the up keep of the site and general server charges?

Small world ey cgm90, it's a relatively new shop on bridge st where the old video eazy used to be, they don't have a constant supply of cherries but can order them in, I plan on visiting each of the local pet shops and offloading some cherries once ive got an ample amount in my tank which at this stage doesn't look like it'll be long!

ye mate definitely a small world, its great to see somebody in tamworth into shrimp,I should be visiting tamworth mid next month so i will definitely have to give them a visit :)... it is a great idea of selling some through locally but be prepared they will most likely offer you an extremelly low price (experienced that myself in tamworth)... but ye once your cherries start they dont stop breeding

Couple of pics just snapped with my phone :) More to come later once new tanks are cycling and set up

brik.jpgbwwj.jpgwmfm.jpg

Welcome to the forum, looks like you have big plans!

Cant wait to see some photos :)

Welcome to the forum James!!! Ask lots of questions and keep posting those pics!! The shots of the berried girls is great!!

Thanks everyone, they're certainly an amazing little animal to observe could spend quite a few hours just gazing into my 4 footer and it's only got about 10 cherry's in it, hate to think how much time im going to waste once we're trying our hand at breeding some more varieties :)

Just paid my $12.50 for premium membership, looking forward to browsing around and learning heaps!

Very cool dude, welcome to the world of Shrimp Staring, we're trying to get it recognized as an Olympic sport, lol :smiley_simmons:

Hi and welcome to the forum

Just one question, do you have any trouble with the tetras being in the same tank? Like with eating the shrimplets?

Tetras and all other inhabitants, (guppies and a couple of bristle nose catty's) have all been exchanged at the pet shop for numerous dual output airpumps to run all of these new sponge filters. Done quite a bit of reading over the last month and most people recommended to get rid of the fish for the shrimplets sake.

Just paid my $12.50 for premium membership' date=' looking forward to browsing around and learning heaps![/quote']Best purchase you will make all year!! Lots of info now at your fingertips!!Better to be safe than sorry! The shrimplets are so tiny most fish will snack on them!

Hello Jimmynich

Welcome to SKF. Great to have you here. Love those pis you put up! Great shots!