Growing Buce's

BlueBolts

Same as anubias.

Roots can be buried in substrate. Not rhizome or it will rot.

Also can tie it to things eg rock, wood...

The roots will eventually attach.

They also prefer stronger flow- prone to algae.

good luck

:)

I thought you weren't so excited by buce's BB? Are they growing on you? ;)

Need advise on whether Buce's grow best in a substrate' date=' tied to wood or rock/stone ?[/quote']

They grow best upside down under the filter pickup, oh wait, you tried that already, hahaha! :smiley_simmons:

Buces prefer acidic, I'd bring it down around a Ph of 6.2 or there abouts, basic lighting, CO2 if possible, add a touch of nutrients for feeding and last thing they prefer is water flow, they won't do well in slow moving water at all.

Can be tied as JonnyD said or simply grown in the substrate, either will work fine. I'm just in the stage of putting down a planted tank with buces as a mini forest, all planted.

They grow best upside down under the filter pickup' date=' oh wait, you tried that already, hahaha! :smiley_simmons:[/quote']

Haha nice call, this pic was gold!

It's in someone else's buce thread

Can be tied as JonnyD said or simply grown in the substrate' date=' either will work fine. I'm just in the stage of putting down a planted tank with buces as a mini forest, all planted.[/quote']

This sounds awesome! I think there will be a few people very excited to see it.

Keen to see some pics Davin .... post a journal ? Be a great read !

YES, I've previously NOT understood the LOVE of Buce's... BUT Ive seen some scapes that looked great ! Plus, I've received some from a generous donor, and now my collector instinct has taken over... there, for all those critics...there's my confession. LOL

And for those who missed my previous post...this was how I planted my 1st buce ...

null-1.jpg

I apologies to all the buce lovers...I have repented my sins !

• Like 1

I found that tied to rock in low light, plus co2 will have them growing well with less algae issues.

However, I reckon they are at their best in a well established high light and co2 setup. Having a well established tank packed with plants will help reduce algae problems. Growing them in these conditions produces really nice colouration in the leaves (blues, reds, purples...).

Squiggle, how could you not love the versatility and possibilities :P Have a looksie at the link.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8190/8128896930_9b59d75cfd_k.jpg

Hahaha, I just don't get the hype about Buce's, sorry but I've never been big on root plants, mosses are more my thing. :victorious:

Keen to see some pics Davin .... post a journal ? Be a great read !

YES' date=' I've previously NOT understood the LOVE of Buce's... BUT Ive seen some scapes that looked great ! Plus, I've received some from a generous donor, and now my collector instinct has taken over... there, for all those critics...there's my confession. LOL

And for those who missed my previous post...this was how I planted my 1st buce ...

null-1.jpg

I apologies to all the buce lovers...I have repented my sins !

Well in this photo the buce looks to be in a lot better condition than whatever was attached to the mesh plate lol

I found that tied to rock in low light' date=' plus co2 will have them growing well with less algae issues.

However, I reckon they are at their best in a well established high light and co2 setup. Having a well established tank packed with plants will help reduce algae problems. Growing them in these conditions produces really nice colouration in the leaves (blues, reds, purples...).

[b']Squiggle, how could you not love the versatility and possibilities :P Have a looksie at the link.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8190/8128896930_9b59d75cfd_k.jpg

Oh, so pretty! I must admit I wasn't all that interested in Buces before, but I've been spending a bit more time on my tank lately and think one might look nice in there :P