My First Shrimp Setup

Phreak

Hey everyone! this is a old abit of and old topic now. But this is how the first tank setup went.

==

Wk 1

==

Hey everyone!

I just start a new shrimp tank. It will not be ready for shrimp for 4-6 weeks fringers crossed!! Im still waiting for some things to come and i need my plants 1st

Needs

New Hang on filter so i can use matrix media !!

Feeding Dish

Small Air Rock

Few Tiny Rocks

Tiny Piece of drift wood

Plain Black Background

- Plants

Staurogyne

Red macranda

Peacock Moss

Eleocharis Japan (Japanese Dwarf Hairgrass)

105_1147.jpg105_1148.jpg105_1150.jpg

===================

wk-3 Changed my mind about a few things and also found and got some others

===================

Hey everyone, we have wanted to setup a 1ft cube tank for display! So last weekend we when and got some more this we need and the cube! A big thank you' goes out to to alex and City pet & Aquarium!! For there great deal.

Anyways So far we have come up with this, Hope you like.

==--==

Tank Setup/Plants etc

==--==

1x UGF ] Matrix Under filter

1x Internal Filter ] Carbon Removed and matrix added

1x heater

1x Small piece of drift wood [ Will be swaped for a better piece soon.!

2x Small Black Peddle rocked with Java moss on them

2x benibachi mineral ball

2x Multi-Function Beeramids [ 3x pipes/ 6x pipes ] Both with java moss around them

4x stems of Hygrophila corymbosa

1x Small Batch of Eleocharis Belem

1x Veggie Clip

1x Aqua One Megtice Glass Cleaner

2x Floating jave moss balls

1x Old thermometer awaiting my Digital one.

-=-=-

Still to come

-=-=-

1x HC - in 4cm Mesh Pot

1x Micranthemum umbrosum - in 3cm Terracotta Pot [ Not 100% on it yet will see ]

1x Anubia nana "mini"- one plant [ @ least 5 leaves ]

2x 4cm mesh pot) Eleocharis Belem - Emersed grown [ Not sure ill need it anymore mite have it up for sale/trade ]

.-.-.-.

Shrimp

.-.-.-.

Red Cherries

CBS [ A Grade

For now!!

====

Photos

====

06082012052.jpg06082012053.jpg06082012054.jpg06082012061.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the read and view :) Will post more as i updated and they breed. :)

====================

Last Update wk 6

====================

Here is some updates on the tank

20082012148.jpg20082012149.jpg20082012150.jpg20082012151.jpg

Hope you guys/girls enjoyed.

Matt and Sarah

Nice setup!

Looking forward to future updates on this one :victorious:

Thx heaps mate. We swaped this tank to our new 2ft starphire tank and we are going to make the cube a moss only tank. Updates will be coming soon :)

Looks good, although you should remove that purple and green plant, it's not an aquatic and will rot.