For the beginner shrimp owner's to say hi :)

Q_man-97

hey this is a thread were all the new shrimp owner can come and meet and talk about the different shrimp they would like and what got them into it like my self i have liked shrimps for a very long time but because of the area i am in there was no were i could get them from but i am going to get some so i joined up on here to share my new adventure with all of you and if anything were to go wrong i can always ask everyone here for help cos every one is so nice to you so dont be shy to ask people for help and i cant wait to hear about all the fun you have had with your shrimps :)

Hey Qman, I have only been on here a few months and find it amazing how much you can learn in a short space of time. I have always kept tropicals but got into shrimp 18 months ago, being inspired by another keeper!

I made the mistake of not researching and rushing in. The tank looked great and shrimp seemed happy, for two days!! Then they died off one by one! (first time admitting this)

Was so glad to find this forum and other keepers willing to openly share their experience. Since July I now have three tanks running, with two more being planned! For now!

I love the colours and variations you get in shrimps and am looking to breed something amazing!! The main thing is, so long as the water is good and the shrimp are healthy, everything takes care of itself!!

Most members are experienced in shipping shrimp, I have had much posted and minimal losses, so you should be able to get good supply now!!

Enjoy the forum everyone!

Hi Q_man-97 welcome to the forum.

You sound a bit like an autobod that picked up random sentences (from old posts) and mashed them together. If not my apologies!

Enjoy!

Welcome to SKF...lots to share, see & learn here. Don't forget to share pics of shrimps and tanks. :encouragement:

hahah is that what it sounded like sorry no i wrote it but it was around 4 in the morning when i did so im sorry if there is spelling mistakes and you do not need to apologies :) because it is my first time i am bound to make mistakes here and there :)

and thanks for stopping by and saying hi KillieOrCory

hey newbreed im happy that things are going good for you now and this might sound strange but i was about to do the same thing you did by rushing in and buying them but cos of were i live there was no way for me to get them so i just had to wait and research all i could about them. so when i did finely get them i could take good care of them but i have been in to tropical fish for about 6 years now and we have prob about 13 tanks in all and all work to and we have most of them working it always fun to see how they grow from baby to adult hood but after i heard about shrimps i was hooked on them i just had to get some i even drove down to adelaide to buy some but the person there stood me up and said they never had any shrimps for me :'( so ever since then i have been trying to get shrimp from around my area and when i do end up getting some i will show every one and let you all no how they are going and what they are doing :)

hey BlueBolts i will be sure to upload a photo of my tanks as soon as possible and it would be nice to hear what everyone has to say about my tank :)

If you are after shrimp this is the place to be, pay for a premium membership (a measley $12.50) and put up a wanted ad, you can have them posted to you.

Wow that sucks about being stood up!

That would be like me driving to Albury or something. I promise you everyone here selling shrimp actually have them, and everyone is awesome (there has been a few free packs on offer, leaving you just to fit the postage)

As others have said, you can sign up for "For Sale Section", yeah I was hesitant at first, and still haven't brought anything from here, but it is the first step to see what is available.

What sort of shrimps are you wanting to keep? Just Cherries? Or something a little harder?

Must get hot up there in summer, you need a chiller?

There are too many choices, be careful you dont end up with MTS again :P

hi there Wraithie yeah i am after shrimp and i just finished getting my premium membership so i cant wait until i can start buying some of these cool/cute little guys:)

hi there b00f yeah i know it about a 5 hour trip there and back and i was heart broken when i got there and okay then well thank you i did not no you could do that but im going to try that now thank you and yeah im just going to start small with cherries and work my way up and your right it around 45-50 in summer and at night it is about 30-40 so i might try and get a chiller like you suggested hehe and hopefully not :)

hey there Squiggle haha yeah im having fun and i have only been here for 2 days i had no idea that there were so many people that love shrimp in Australia

• HOF Member

Hi Q_man-97 welcome to SKF. There a quite a few new members from South Australia just recently. Great to see the hobby really starting to take off here. You will learn heaps here with so many friendly people sharing their knowledge. Hope you enjoy the forum:)

Hi Q_man-97 welcome to SKF. There a quite a few new members from South Australia just recently. Great to see the hobby really starting to take off here. You will learn heaps here with so many friendly people sharing their knowledge. Hope you enjoy the forum:)

thanks i really am enjoying my self here and i have lent allot over such a short period of time and i cant wait to get my new shrimp tank up and running :)

Hi Q_man-97 and welcome. Do the research from this site and you will be rewarded.

hi there manyshrimp i no what you mean i have discovered so much from joining this forum