4 leaf clover

MrShrimp

I have this plant called marsilea minuta, aka dwarf clover. I received it with only one petal per stem but in my tank it has grown 4 leaf clover. Has any one seen this plant before? Does 4 leaf clover really bring luck?

null_zpsdc208ac4.jpg

Aye to be sure it's very good luck boyo! Burn them all!, hahaha :smiley_simmons:

imagesSimpsonsLeprechaun_zps6e9d8a20.jpg

Very cool plant by the way :encouragement:

I had the minuta as a ground cover on one of my 1st shrimp tanks... Shrimplets love it as use it for cover and chill out zones. BUT they will soon over take the tank if not attended, and pulling them off the substrate will cause substrate disturbance, so best to keep in under control.

As luck goes, I'd say definitely ! The tank produced 100's of CRS's, and never an issue. Urban myth has it that the 4 leaf clover gave me the Irish luck in producing some of the shrimps I have today ! :-)

Lol, she called bullsh!t on you BB & I'm inclined to agree, your success wasn't due to just luck! :smiley_simmons:

The common name for this is Nardoo. I havent seen it used in aquariums before and in the pond industry it is used more as a shallow or bog plant. BB is right that it can grow out of control. It is very tough and can handle vast diffences in climates and conditions kept, from full sun to shade. It is available in most places that sell water plants and is not overly expensive.

The common name for this is Nardoo. I havent seen it used in aquariums before and in the pond industry it is used more as a shallow or bog plant. BB is right that it can grow out of control. It is very tough and can handle vast diffences in climates and conditions kept' date=' from full sun to shade. It is available in most places that sell water plants and is not overly expensive.[/quote']

This is in the same family but this is the dwarf version. Leaf reach 3-4 cm with high light and co2. The one your talking about is common and grow all the way to the top in ponds.