Sign in to follow this  
BlueBolts

Chocolate Cherry Variant

BlueBolts

Another unusual variant from my Choc pair...

A orange head/tail cap brown cherry..... Also a number tiger stripe brown cherries

post-34-139909857335_thumb.jpgpost-29-13990985734_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909857243_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909857246_thumb.jpg

lachie1998

very kool Marcus, are they black cherrys in the background?

how much do these go for?

Gbang

beautiful. that one at the back is very very black!

BlueBolts

Thanks, yeah, have a small colony of blacks now?..trying to get a nice colony going... Unsure whether they'll breed true though...$, no idea....

fishmosy

Interesting colour schemes mate.

Thinking some choc cherries should be my next purchase.

Dean

fantastic mate, love that crazy variant of the chocolate delight. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• CurleyJones321
      excuse me for interjecting, i apreciate you people most certainly have more experiance than me with shrimp keeping but i've just regailed myself with this whole thread and thought id through in my 2 cents.

Crystal red shrimp prefer a TDS range of between 100 & 150. I've Obviously had problems that ive now pretty much solved where i was trying to lower TDS But now that i have got things stabilising i am playing around with raising TDS and here is how i see it... only ever do between 10 & 20% water changes at a time but this can be done twice a day. with you large tank a dripper may not be appropriate but you should also make sure you are temperature adjusting your water before you add it and only ever try to adjust TDS by 10% higher than it was at a time (i know i had a to do it this way before i got my dripper). FYI Crystal reds prefer a range of temperature between 21 & 26C (61 & 79F). I also my experience so far is that GH & KH aren't that important but your dGH of 6 is on the high end of acceptable for Crystal Red's.

there is also 2 piece's of information you seem to be failing to provide and that is Nitrite (N02) &  Nitrate (N03) which are apart of the ammonia (NH4) cycle but all tough i have read quite high numbers for these i have never read any ammonia readings. Shrimp are VERY sensitive to N02 & N03 and from my research for Crystal Red shrimp Nitrate should not be above 5PPM and Nitrite should be at 0 but if my tolerance range for my Red Cherry Shrimp is anything to go by and that is a maximum of 20PPM Nitrate you should not have any reading above 0.05PPM. i think high readings of these Chemicals are what could be killing your shrimp and your not aware of it because your only reading Ammonia GH and TDS.

Sorry if that comes across as over bearing but thats my opinion and im trying to help :)

Kind regards
      James
    • CurleyJones321
      ok so its been about a week and on Thursday I added Tyrone the 'sacrificial' fish and almost 2 shrimp that got cought in the net with him but fortunately they didn't fall in the tank. I did also i think squash a shrimp when i was moving the main plant in the old Small tank in order to retrieve him... accidents happen and i hope it wasn't pregnant... Other than looking a little lonely he has been doing fine if not relishing the extra space. The New large tank has got quite a biofilm build up now on the back and 1 side that is similar in establishment to the 2 sides i don't clean on the small tank.
      readings as follows:-

Small (old) tank
      TDS - 236
      Temp - 26C
      PH - 6.5
      NH4 - Unreadable
      N03 - 1PPM
      N02 - 0.1PPM
      P04 - 1PPM
      dKH - 2
      dGH - 6

Large (New) Tank
      TDS - 224
      Temp - 26C
      PH - 6.5
      NH4 - Unreadable
      N03 - 1PPM
      N02 - Unreadable
      P04 - 1PPM
      dKH - 1
      dGH - 5

The temperature is a bit high but thats just because its quite warm in the UK at the moment. Other than that the small tank is obviously struggling and im going to do a 50TDS water change and add BB to both tanks. I'm thinking the large tank is now cycled and established and at least this weekend i can finish off transferring decor and add shrimp? it has been 3 weeks now at the weekend it will have been 4 since i established the tank.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      My brother just moved from San Antonio to Florida! It may be more economic to purchase a specific chiller for the shrimp tank, we don't have that problem here though I did cook mine, 33 degrees if I remember, d'oh (faulty heater)! I assume you can get one for a large tank like yours? There are a number of foods that are probably easier and don't go mouldy, like snowflake which is soya bean husks and can be left in the tank for long periods and is therefore better if you are going away for a period. Indian Almond leaves are good for holiday periods as well because they decay very slowly and 'stuff' the shrimp like grow on them. Probably if you are just going away for a few days you may be better not to feed and if there are Indian almond leaves etc in the tank they should have enough to eat. Hopefully you caught the temperature in enough time that you won't loose any more shrimps. Simon 
    • supermansteve32
      Yes. I live in Texas. When I'm away freon the house I'll have only one of my AC units running so the cats don't die.  The mold was caused by some food the shrimp didn't eat.  I did a temp check with my other probe  and it was almost 2 degrees higher. I guess I'll leave the fans on when I leave now
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I would think that is possible as that is pretty much the upper limit I think, and of coarse how accurate is the thermometer - I have 4 different methods and all produce different readings so it may have been a bit higher??? Mould isn't usually a problem other than it looks horrid and usually will just disappear after a tank is properly run in and as far as I know not harmful to shrimps. I have had it in most of my tanks at the start, usually on wood or something similar and either removed the item it grows on or just leave it and it gradually disappears within a month (usually less). I hope you manage to get the temperature back to normal and it sounds like you have mastered the TDS. I'm not sure where you are based, is it somewhere hot (I apologise if you have said and I have forgotten)? Simon