What's all this then

Foxpuppet

anyone care to shed some light on what they think this is? found 2 just like this in my 36L Benibachi tank this morning and i'm excited

5D6252D1-07F9-4528-AE36-30F96DA3926A-345-000000CCDE954D60.jpg

they seem larger than any of the recent shrimplets and not really sure who is responsible for this abomination ;)

no new plants added for at least 6 months, new shrimp came in about 3-4 months ago maybe even longer to this tank, a dozen culls from Dean.

they could be CBS babies but i have pulled all the remaining CBS shrimplets from this tank a month ago. the thing that has me intrigued is the size and coloration. if they are new CBS shrimplets they sure dont look small enough compered to other new shrimplets in the tank. colouration is unlike any other shrimp in the tank which now houses only CRS and yellows.

Variations are fun ! Perhaps determine whether it maybe a cherry ? Body/Head shape etc..... I have 2 brown shrimps in my minchling tanks, but think they came via using the same net to my cherry tanks (brown) ? Not sure yet, as I'm trying to determine whether their cherries in the 1st place.

Keep us posted, perhaps a side on view .....

• 3 weeks later...

it's been a while but i spotted 1 again today here is the results

dsc3406k.jpgdsc3408m.jpgdsc3398a.jpgdsc3400n.jpgdsc3391s.jpgdsc3392p.jpgdsc3372s.jpgdsc3374mk.jpg

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8490/file12498vymedfbbezqtawryugz.mp4 this video gives a good idea

So i'm still wondering what it is, my thoughts are one of the following

1. really bad quality CBS

2. Tiger of some description

3. Zebra shrimp from cairns

does anyone have pics of zebra shrimplets to compare?

sorry to reference another shrimp site but i just found this on shrimpnow

Blue_cherry_shrimp3.jpg

brand-new blue variant of Neocaridina heteropoda that was developed by a breeder in Illinois, USA

http://www.shrimpnow.com/forums/showthread.php/8767-New-Blue-Variant-of-Neocaridina-heteropoda

WOW Imke, that CRS is gorgeous. I would love a few of those in my tanks. The Blue cardinia is very impressive as well, here's hoping they will be available here soon.

I guess it is a blue caridina mutation' date=' which already has been reported. Please take a look here:

[/quote']

Imke do you think that could simply come CRS with a different genetic line? I know that the only CRS i added to this tank were from Dean@bossaquaria so anything could be possible.

it seems now i cant see any of my female Yellows, without disturbing the whole scape, i have not seen them for a while now only the babies, which is a real shame :(

a few more pics i got today

dsc3410.jpgdsc3413j.jpgdsc3420k.jpgdsc3422e.jpgdsc3449k.jpgdsc3450qy.jpgdsc3453s.jpg

Imke do you think that could simply come CRS with a different genetic line? I know that the only CRS i added to this tank were from Dean@bossaquaria so anything could be possible.

We have this process called crossing over in inheritance theory, and in fact it can happen what shrimp breeders call spontaneous mutation in general. Seeing your pictures a second time, it may also be a neocaridina shrimp? You know that crossing between caridina and neocaridina has also been discussed a lot; however, I today more agree with the people saying it is a throw back in neocaridina patterns. Not sure, your shrimp need to grow a bit ;)

• 1 month later...

latest pic

dsc5548n.jpg

i can now confirm 3 of these, shut the tank down they were in and currently transferring all shrimp (crs, NHsp.yellow and these guys) to my 200L tank

• 2 weeks later...

dsc6876v.jpg

now they have been added to the breeder tank... i'll probably never see them again ;)

post-23-1399098465_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Ill update this as there have been some interesting developments - see my breeder tank thread in the mean time!