Sign in to follow this  
Sarah

My Cherry Shrimp & Their Setup

Sarah

As promised, here are a couple photos of my cherries. Only new to shrimp so very basic, but I quite like it. I need to get a new light for the tank so I can upgrade it's setup.

293841_267009453413163_1044890440_n.jpg534513_267009476746494_1408902927_n.jpg283653_267009516746490_831805797_n.jpg181303_267009560079819_2044401600_n.jpg

FTS coming up.

Matt_95

Nice, now you need some crystals :D

Sprae
Nice' date=' now you need some crystals :D[/quote']

or maybe some KKs ;)

Sarah, I think you'll find that once they start to breed, you'll want more different shrimp varieties. Very jealous at the tank room as I would make the whole room into shrimp breeding :)

Sarah

Oh wherever shall I put all these animals on Matt's overgrowing list for me to get...

Triggs

Thanks for sharing the photos. Sometimes basic is better!

isfrael

I have cherries & CBS & CRS, honestly, I enjoy the cherries the most, always active, always out and about feeding, always breeding, and babies are always around, awesome under rated shrimp IMO! And dirt cheap!

Triggs
I have cherries & CBS & CRS' date=' honestly, I enjoy the cherries the most, always active, always out and about feeding, always breeding, and babies are always around, awesome under rated shrimp IMO! And dirt cheap![/quote']

+1

They're a brilliant shrimp to learn with I think, While they still require certain ideals and attention to detail which helps get you used to maintaining a tank at a certain level. They're far more forgiving for the new Shrimp keeper.

I also think they're very under rated which is only due to their ease to breed rather than their brilliant look and colours. I don't think anything looks nicer than a solid deep red cherry on a bright green healthy leaf of an Anubias personally.

Sarah

Agreed! These cherries are really fun, and very easy to care for.

As beautiful as the fancier shrimp are... I find RCS are definitely underrated.

wayne6442

Hi Sarah, I have to agree that cherries are the best to keep, Now with all of the various colours available in Australia like Orange, yellow, blue, brown, Black etc will give you a great scope to collect. I run in one of my tanks my yellow cherries some orange cherry juvaniles, Darwin Red nose shrimp, Some glass shrimp and some CBS/CRS, makes a fantastic display and facinates all visitors who visit my boat. ENJOY! I love my cherries the most though.

isfrael
I don't think anything looks nicer than a solid deep red cherry on a bright green healthy leaf of an Anubias personally.

I think throwing in an algae wafer and seeing 100+ cherries coming streaming out of nowhere for dinner time is pretty wicked too, and then the dinner table squabbles, LOL

Gbang

very nice there :)

Dean

thanks for sharing Sarah, some nice shrimp you have there :)