Hi guys

I'm looking for some help with a plant id

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

post-3445-13990985214_thumb.jpg

post-277-139909860786_thumb.jpg

Another shot for comparison this is a clip for the lid of a sudo breeder box

post-277-139909850689_thumb.jpg

Almost looks like an Anubia 'mini' that are around. Need better close ups mate

From experience, I'm very careful in labeling any small anubias a 'mini' or 'petite'. The reason is that when a new section of rhizome that has been cut away starts to grow leaves, the first few leaves are tiny. Only after months will the new leaves begin to produce enough energy for the plant to grow bigger leaves.

I guess you'll just have to wait and see if the leaves get any bigger. This may take months to years unless you grow it emerse.

Its also worth noting that anubias are notoriously difficult to identify if you didn't get a name when you got it, particularly because they hybridise.

Hi guys

found out it is a anubias nana petite *true*

not a mini

each leaf has a 2/3mm diameter and is a cutting from a mature plant apparently

it is tiny :)

From experience' date=' I'm very careful in labeling any small anubias a 'mini' or 'petite'. The reason is that when a new section of rhizome that has been cut away starts to grow leaves, the first few leaves are tiny. Only after months will the new leaves begin to produce enough energy for the plant to grow bigger leaves.

I guess you'll just have to wait and see if the leaves get any bigger. This may take months to years unless you grow it emerse.

Its also worth noting that anubias are notoriously difficult to identify if you didn't get a name when you got it, particularly because they hybridise.[/quote']

Great answer fishmossy. I brought about 10 plants from differant sellers all sold as Anubias petite. After months , 8 of them had leaves around 1 cm so they turn out to be nana mini. Only 2 were true petite as the leaves grew 5 mm max with co2. I learnt the hard way.

Here is what I mean when I say be careful about labeling any anubias that you have as petite or mini.

Q: Which of these is a real anubias nana petite/mini?

P1040055_zpscf21e5bd.jpg

A: None of them.

How do I know?

Because I took these plantlets from regular anubias nana (4-6cm wide leaves).

When I divide the rhizomes of anubias, the new cuttings form tiny plantlets where they start to shoot. Sometimes the piece of rhizome rots away leaving just the tiny shoot. And thats what these are, tiny shoots left over from where the rhizome rotted away. Given enough time, there is no reason why these wont reach the full size of the regular anubias.

I have anubias nana petite already

i have quite Afew different varietys

this little guy is different

the leafs are 3 to 4 mm not cm in diameter

leafs have been the same size for 5 weeks so far since I got it