How good is stormy weather ;)

Foxpuppet

This big low rolling over Sydney had me all excited last night as I contemplated the possibility of it triggering some prime shrimp breeding conditions. I had set up to collect some fresh rainwater and braving the elements headed out the to tank to do some rain simulation. With the roof over the back door banging loose in the wind I made a run for it to the garage and to my delight found that someone had gotten wind of my plan and started early!

post-3452-139909851917_thumb.jpg

My first misch x misch, pretty stoked to say the least!

After seeing this i still refilled my auto topup with the fresh rainwater to make it a 50/50 RO/rainwater mix and added salty shrimp to the drum, then drained about 5-6 litres from the 200L tank.

Thinking now to X one of my good CRS females with a light tiger patterned male misch.

post-23-139909860691_thumb.jpg

Just want to know why you are mixing half rain water and half RO water? What is the advantage?

Congradulation on your berried mishling, that's a lot of eggs she's carrying :)

Just want to know why you are mixing half rain water and half RO water? What is the advantage?

Congradulation on your berried mishling' date=' that's a lot of eggs she's carrying :)[/quote']

no real reason it just saves me making RO and wasting water that i can collect falling from the sky for free! maybe a little temp difference too... and RO will still have some degree of things in it that rain water would not have, and rainwater will have some level of mineral goodness that RO would not have.