Mineral Supplements ?

K9932

Hey Guys.

Does anyone use any mineral supplements for their shrimp ?

If so, What brand?

Any positive/negative comments ?

How the shrimp acted after mineral supplement? Any noticeable change in activity/moulting/breeding ?

Any other info appreciated :D

Cheers,

Kristy'

The best minerals are Saltyshrimp, you use it to remineralize RO water, it's made shrimp keeping a whole lot easier :encouragement:

I breed TB with saltyshrimp and RO/DI water. I have a high sucess rate so far.

Hmm.. I know that it's a big no-no but I still use tap water D:

So RO water is the way to go ?

Where do you purchase your Saltyshrimp from Squiggle and MrShrimp ?

Oh okay cool!

I currently keep Red Rilli, Red/Sunkist/Yellow Cherry CBS + CRS (:

I breed TB with saltyshrimp and RO/DI water. I have a high sucess rate so far.

Where are the pics then?

Ok, you'll need Sulawesi minerals for the cherries & Rillis & you'll need the Bee shrimp minerals for the CRS/CBS, also you'll need some shrimp soil for the CRS/CBS to buff the ph down to about 6.5 :encouragement:

Yep, I use the Fluval stratum which holds my PH Well (: I can Post some pics if you like CNgo2006 ?

Yep' date=' I use the Fluval stratum which holds my PH Well (: I can Post some pics if you like CNgo2006 ?[/quote']

Sorry mate I was asking MrShrimp for photos of his high TB breeding success rate! not for the Fluval Stratum...LOL!

Oh sorry! haha I though you were asking pics of the shrimp. Only just saw the quote then lol

i wouldnt say tap water is a big no no, Im keeping cbs crs cherries and riffle shrimp with tap water and ive never had any problems. theyve bred well for me too. to be honest i dont recommend needing going r/o until you decide to go tb.

Dont feel bad, i still use tap water too against all the pressures of changing to RO. I keep crs and cbs without a single hick up. I use calcium, mineral and vitamin liquid supplements and benibachi mineral powder with my water changes (not top ups)

Okay, That makes me feel a little bit better Jrc693 (:

Is there any particular brand for the calcium, mineral and vitamin supplements Robert ?

I've been eyeing off the Benibachi Mineral powder so it's good to hear some positive feedback that someone else uses it haha

hmm not sure why my above post was edited. It did read that i kept tigers, tbs, cbs and crs...

With the liquid supplements i used products from thailand that arnt available anywhere else. Mineral powder is good stuff, worth a try.