Sydney: Sun 19/05/13 - FISHY PARK GARAGE SALE

Im sure everyone has seen this one place or another but just wanted to see a show of hands if there will be an SKF presence at this Garage Sale?

Ill be there and ive seen Johnny Dexters show his interest so what other SKF'ers will be there. Hopefully the guest of honour that resembles an immortal tropical stone fruit will be in attendance.

Details:

There will even be a raffle with a BRAND NEW 30x30x30 tank. Tickets will cost $2.00 eachThe details are:Where: Phillips Park at Nicholas Street Entrance (Lidcome)When: Sunday, 19th May 2013 at 1-4pmWhat to bring?As a buyer - yourself, cash, fish bags and rubber bands, a styrofoam box or two...As a seller - a foldup table, what you want to sell, bags, rubber bands, spare cashALSO IF YOU WANT TO DO A BYO BBQ THERE ARE FACILITIES AVAILABLE.Who to bring?Anyone you like.How to get there?Via car - it is pretty easy to get to with plenty of on street parkingVia Train - stop at Lidcombe station and it's around 10 minutes walkIf you have any questions please let me (organizer) know.0433784171HOW TO GET YOURSELF READY FOR THE BIG DAY?A lot of people has asked me how to prepare for the big day?So here are a few tips:1. Prepare your non perishables first..lights, accessories, books, magazines, pumps and etc (either put a price or make it free or swap)2. 48 hours before the event, scoop out the fish, plants or shrimps that you want to trade/sell/freebies and purge them for the two days..this means less ammonia in the bag when you bag them up..and the night before bag em up.3. Try to get a chair and a foldup table and some spare cash.4. Bring yourself to the event and enjoy the day.If you are going to sell stuff, consider how much you want for your stuff..remember that most people would be like you, they wouldn't have a huge amount of funds with them so consider either accepting paypal or price your items accordingly.If you have anything interesting that people might want/ like then consider giving people a heads up so they can know what to expect and the costs....from there you can determine if it's worth bringing or not.

Oh I know this add, please let me know if there's any other SKF members that are going.

I was thinking about attending this...may see you guys there!

If you go chi, then I will go.

sounds more like a swap meet then a garage sale, let us know what they have there

I think I'm going- if the Mrs allows me the time. =/

If only we had SKF shirts to wear on the day for all the SKF haters and lovers. =)

I think I'm going- if the Mrs allows me the time. =/

If only we had SKF shirts to wear on the day for all the SKF haters and lovers. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Kejdj-A34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Kejdj-A34

Lol. Happy wife, happy life trust me. Chi, I know you're all about stand up for your balls, but once the Mrs the Mrs gets angry it's game over. And I love my girl if she's gone then my life will be crapper.

=)

ROBERT, delete your inbox, you've reached capacity!

Dammit.

Said to the mrs ' What are we doing this weekend there's this fish swap meet thing on Sunday between 1-4pm. I am thinking of going'.

Mrs: so you forgot?

Me: uh? what?

Mrs: we have degustation lunch booked at http://www.pinksalt.com.au/index.php?id=54

Me: oh ah well. Can't go to the swap meet

Mrs: no. you go, you clearly forgot about lunch and want to go to that so you go.

Me: I'm sorry I forgot, we will go to lunch.

bla bla bla.

ha ha - looks like I can't go guys.

Me: I'm sorry I forgot' date=' we will go to lunch.[/quote']

Correct answer, lol :encouragement:

Correct answer' date=' lol :encouragement:[/quote']

Mrs: you should go, you really like that stuff, we could go next week

Me: really? but you want to go, its only a swap meet and I have one $20 log to sell.

Mrs: nah, it's okay we will go next week.

:D

Mrs: you should go' date=' you really like that stuff, we could go next week

Me: really? but you want to go, its only a swap meet and I have one $20 log to sell.

Mrs: nah, it's okay we will go next week. :D[/quote']

Then you wake up..... LOL

Mrs: you should go' date=' you really like that stuff, we could go next week

Mrs: nah, it's okay we will go next week.

:D[/quote']

you do realise she will forgive but wont forget.......

-3mths later-

MRS: I would really like to go to the ballet this weekend

MR: But i am not a fan of the ballet

MRS: You remember 3 months ago when i let you go to that fish swap meet?

MR: Yes?

MRS: Yeah well now your coming to the ballet!

you get the point lol :P

-3mths later-

Theres always a price!!!

Should also have said your only real mistake was the "Yes?" component. What you should have responded with was "What fish meet? That was last year wasn't it?"

-3mths later-

:angel:

yep, she never forgets my wrong doings, where as I get forgiven and and totally forget about all the bad things I did.

Mrs: you know what, its for dinner only. You can go to your swap meet. And then see me in the afternoon for dinner.

Me: do you want to come hang out with me at the swap meet with my shrimpy friends?

Mrs: nah you go enjoy yourself.

winner winner chicken dinner!

You: Can i have some money for the swap meet?

Mrs: No i am going shopping

Hopefully get to see some familiar faces tomorrow. I'll be there on time and paypal payments avaliable ;)

@Chi

If you come I've got fissidens.

I'm going to be there guys, Robert i've got some UG to give back to you.

Hopefully get to see some familiar faces tomorrow. I'll be there on time and paypal payments avaliable ;)

@Chi

If you come I've got fissidens.

Ill be there....thanks