Hey

Morelia

Just introducing myself. Haven't got any shrimp at the moment but am keen to learn as much as I can before I jump in. I have a background in herps and inverts and thought shrimp would be a natural extension of the invert hobby. I'm hoping to start with a small planted tank, something basic for my first. Any pointers are much appreciated.

Welcome to SKF...as your post increases, the forum opens up, alternative the premium membership of $12.50 would open up the entire forum immediately, where all the info, pics etc are available. Enjoy the great community of SKF....also what's "herps", it can mean so many different things. LOL

Herps are reptiles and anphibians.

Ahhh, thanks, I've learnt something 2day ! :victorious:

Welcome to the forum!

What herps do you keep?

nothing at the moment. Over the years I've kept various species of carpet python, childrens and spotted pythons, brown and green tree snakes, various whip snakes, small eyed snake, bearded dragons, saw shell and Macquarie turtles, green tree frogs, blue tongue and various small skinks, spiney tailed monitors and various geckos including bynos and aspers. Have you yourself kept any?

Welcome to the SKF team Morelia, if you want start keeping shrimps then start with differant variety of Cherry shrimps. They are one of the hardiest shrimps to keep. Then when you have some experience you can try crystal shrimps. All the info is on this forum and if you can't find the answer, post a thread and I'm sure your question will be answerd or just share your experience. We also love pics on this forum. Have fun :)

Wow thats a big list! No i haven't had any yet, but i would love to. I have to wait until I stop living in rentals unfortunately. I'm pretty keen to get a python of some sort!

Welcome!! It's a great forum, what inverts do you keep?

Wow thats a big list! No i haven't had any yet' date=' but i would love to. I have to wait until I stop living in rentals unfortunately. I'm pretty keen to get a python of some sort![/quote']

Yeah I rent at the moment and have found a lot of landlords don't like the idea. My current landlord asks me if the snakes are on the loose every time he comes over. Makes me laugh a little as who would allow thousands if dollars worth of snakes loose in a house full of holes.

Welcome!! It's a great forum' date=' what inverts do you keep?[/quote']

Just tarantulas at the moment but have kept scorpions, funnel webs, trap doors and centipedes.

Just tarantulas at the moment but have kept scorpions' date=' funnel webs, trap doors and centipedes.[/quote']

Awesome, what trappies??

• HOF Member

Hi Welcome to SKF hope you enjoy our forum

Awesome' date=' what trappies??[/quote']

mostly eulos, baby sat a few of a mates not sure on the species though.

Euoplos?

Thats them. They're more pet holes than anything.

Welcome to he forum Morelia, sounds like you've definitely got your hands full with your pets, hope you have as much fun on the forum as we do. Also, don't forget to ask as many questions you want, there's lots of very knowledgable people on this forum & there's no such thing as a stupid question :encouragement:

image-74_zps506a6979.jpg

Welcome to he forum Morelia' date=' sounds like you've definitely got your hands full with your pets, hope you have as much fun on the forum as we do. Also, don't forget to ask as many questions you want, there's lots of very knowledgable people on this forum & there's no such thing as a stupid question :encouragement:

image-74_zps506a6979.jpg

Cheers, the animals do keep me busy but I wouldn't have it any other way. A house without critters is boring.

Cheers' date=' the animals do keep me busy but I wouldn't have it any other way. A house without critters is boring.[/quote']

I hear that :encouragement:

Welcome to SKF! I'm sure you'll learn everything you need to know and more about shrimp and shrimp keeping!

Steph =)

Hi , get yourself some cherry shrimp to start with, plenty of colours to start choose from, Red ,yellow, chocolate, black, blue Enjoy learning

Hi ' date=' get yourself some cherry shrimp to start with, plenty of colours to start choose from, Red ,yellow, chocolate, black, blue Enjoy learning[/quote']

Cheers Wayne will do.