Hi

aussieyankie17

Hello everyone. I am from nsw I started with red cherries and now have yellow, orange sunkist, red rillis, riffles and parataya. I am hooked. ;)

Welcome to the forum Aussieyankie, we love pics on here so we'd love to see one pics of your tanks & shrimp & don't worry, we're all shrimpoholics here :encouragement: hope you enjoy the forum as much as we do :victorious:

image-74_zps737db708.jpg

• HOF Member

Hi welcome to SKF that's quite a collection you are definitely hooked. Hope you enjoy our forum.

Welcome, can't wait to see some pictures of your shrimp. Sounds like you've definatley caught the highly contagious shrimp bug =p

Steph =)

Welcome to SKF. Great collection, and definitely great if you can share so,e pics of your tanks with us.....

post-3452-139909861536_thumb.jpg

I just got my rillis and orange sunkist yesterday. I am so happy with them. :)

post-2263-139909850087_thumb.jpg

• HOF Member

Thanks for sharing they look great boy are you going to get hooked!:encouragement:

Stunning looking shrimp dude, that yellow is very nice, thanks for whacking up the pics :victorious:

post-3452-139909861539_thumb.jpg

These are the new tanks I have started a little over a month ago. I have 7 shrimp tanks and more to come. haha I am well and truly hooked.

post-2263-13990985009_thumb.jpg

• HOF Member

Definitely MTS. Very nice setup:encouragement:

Welcome to the Shrimpaholics Anonymous club, you've definitely got the bug, lol :victorious: Great looking tanks dude, well done :encouragement:

Thanks. I like learning all i can and hopefully do things right the first time round. I know shrimp are definitely more sensitive than the cichlids I started out with. hahah but I love the challenge.

• HOF Member

You will be challenged but its all good learning:encouragement:

There's always something to learn & this forum is a great place for info & support, don't hesitate to ask any questions as there's no such thing as a dumb question. That's the great thing about this hobby, it's always evolving & always new things to learn :encouragement:

Looking good

also your fork is rusting

It will be leeching heavy metals into your tank

I had an algae boom in my tank from leaving the lights on to long that was on the fork but I took the fork out. I use stainless steel forks and now only leave in for a few hours just to hold my veggies down. I also don't leave the lights on for to long now. :) Thanks for looking out! I appreciate all the help from all you knowledgeable shrimp keepers.

Wow ! welcome to SKF mate

• 1 month later...

Very nice setup. Besides the sponge filters, are your tanks filtered by another source ? Canisters ?