Shrimp pics

Smithers

Hey Gang,

Well still learning the camera n thought i'd try the remote and tripod for the 1st time and think the results came up slightly better.

Using Nikon D7000 + 60mm macro

Feel free to give constructive criticism or tips please.

Hope you enjoy :)

post-3442-139909851223_thumb.jpgpost-3442-139909851226_thumb.jpgpost-12-139909851228_thumb.jpgpost-29-139909851231_thumb.jpgpost-12-139909851235_thumb.jpgpost-1452-139909851238_thumb.jpgpost-277-139909851242_thumb.jpgpost-277-139909851247_thumb.jpg

post-1108-13990986026_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909860264_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909860267_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909860271_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909860275_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909860279_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909860283_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909860286_thumb.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smithers

• Squiggle

• ineke

• CNgo2006

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They look pretty awesome dude, your dept of field is pretty shallow in the head on shots, what's your appature or f-stop set on? The side on shots are amazing & crisp, well done :encouragement:

This is probably the clearest picture I have seen on this forum. Love your work mate.

They look pretty awesome dude' date=' your dept of field is pretty shallow in the head on shots, what's your appature or f-stop set on? The side on shots are amazing & crisp, well done :encouragement:[/quote']

Thanks mate, yer your right I get to close :P F-stop was a little low on some I agree. Need to up it to around low-mid 20's

I'm flicking through all the settings and trying something different, some are on close up some, with incandescent light etc.

I'm deleting a bunch less pics than I was a month or so ago on each session.

I need a couple of external flashes which will help.

This is probably the clearest picture I have seen on this forum. Love your work mate.

Thanks very much ;) the gear helps.

Yeah you're right about the aperture, also I was told to have the ISO as low as possible too, I have it set on 100. If you get a hot shoe flash, you might want to look at getting a remote firing unit, this way you can put the flash on top of the tank. I was also shown a great diffusser for the flash by a professional photographer named Brent Smith, he has given me some great advice :encouragement:

IMG_3467_xgaplus_zps6c5905dd.jpg

Actually I have mine set at 10-13, I should raise it a bit. I have a chart he did for me which explains it pretty well :encouragement: Don't get me wrong, I'm not expert & I'm just finding my legs in photography too, but he is & he has taken some spectacular shots, I'll find one & post it later for you, it's of his Mangrove Jack but it's stunning all the same. I'll start a new thread for it in the general fish section :victorious:

cheat_sheet_xgaplus_zps07121a74.jpg

Yeah you're right about the aperture' date=' also I was told to have the ISO as low as possible too, I have it set on 100. If you get a hot shoe flash, you might want to look at getting a remote firing unit, this way you can put the flash on top of the tank. I was also shown a great diffusser for the flash by a professional photographer named Brent Smith, he has given me some great advice :encouragement:

[/quote']

Cheers for that Sqigz need idea with the ice cream tub directing the light. I'm lucky to have a friend who's been helping me with my Q's and yes the lowest iso helps esp with the digital noise when you go higher. A fine balance I'm still trying to work out. Latest thing I figured out is I can alter the flash value up n down. So much to learn so little time :P

I find i'm better at seeing things done than reading and found Youtube's been good for tip n tricks too.

YouTube aye? great idea dude, I have the same learning process, much better seeing it done than reading about it :encouragement:

Yep the ol Youtube who'da thunk it :)

That's a good chart understanding the basics. I was given this one the other day that lets you play around manually and see what images come out. Pretty kool

Click Here

Very cool site dude, it is fun to play with & you get a good result to compare with, great link! :encouragement:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

Wish I had more time to come here and suss out this page but with a house full of animals (mainly reptiles) I just don't. Trying to reduce (Sell) some of this yrs 50+ babies and others to give more time for these awesome critters.

I took some pics over the last few days,.. and I think my Golden Bee is Gravid? If that's the right term? I am surprised and excited as I've only had them a short time. How excitament :P

Just in case I have bought a bunch of hook on breeding boxes that have air pump activated circulation.

I will be setting up a rack from Bunnings soon and not sure on what sort of set up I'd like to go. Least maintenance would be the best so I better check out more of this site and read like crazy...any tips or quick links would be so helpful but understand if you'd rather I do the searching and not be so lazy :P, cheers.

Also keeping Shrimp over the last month or so has spawned my interest/desire to get back into fish keeping and will also be adding a display tank with a lifetime want the Discus.

Would someone like to confirm/deny for me if the GB girl's gravid :)

Regards,post-1108-13990985137_thumb.jpgpost-1108-139909851367_thumb.jpgpost-1108-139909851365_thumb.jpgpost-1108-139909851374_thumb.jpgpost-1108-139909851377_thumb.jpgpost-3445-13990986159_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909850185_thumb.jpg

post-1108-13990985019_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909850193_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909850195_thumb.jpg

cool pics mate, i really like the one of the shrimp on the end of the plant :)

some great pics there :)

some very good full length vids and books on torrents too ;)

Actually I have mine set at 10-13' date=' I should raise it a bit. I have a chart he did for me which explains it pretty well :encouragement: Don't get me wrong, I'm not expert & I'm just finding my legs in photography too, but he is & he has taken some spectacular shots, I'll find one & post it later for you, it's of his Mangrove Jack but it's stunning all the same. I'll start a new thread for it in the general fish section :victorious:

cheat_sheet_xgaplus_zps07121a74.jpg

You should post the separately in the photography forum and it should be a sticky :)

Hey Gang,

I've got a GB with a saddle and have separated her and one other (not sure if male) was hoping if anyone could tell from the pics...sorry not the best I know. Or Is there any pre mating activity I could take note of that would help me figure if they are a pair? I've only got 2 GB's and have pu them in a hang on breeding box.

Also how long is it between seeing eggs and then delivery/spawning please ;)

Regards,post-3466-139909851536_thumb.jpgpost-3466-139909851538_thumb.jpgpost-29-139909851533_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909850273_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909850276_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909850279_thumb.jpg

Need a side on of the other shrimp if you want members to help sex properly, is the first and last pic of same shrimp? If not then you have 2 girls there...as for activity after a molt look for the males to swim around frantically searching for the girl who just molted, if she is ready that is. Looking at the pic you have of the girl she is not that far away.

Sexing can be difficult, how long is its antenna past its tail ? Is the 1st pic the same shrimp t the 2nd & 3rd ?

Sexing can be difficult' date=' how long is its antenna past its tail ? Is the 1st pic the same shrimp t the 2nd & 3rd ?[/quote']

Aren't the orange patches on the side of the heads of the shrimp the development of a saddle BB? In the last pic it is a saddle already.

1st is different from 3rd shrimp. I only have these two GB's, how long is it for the saddle to laying?

Really depends on if the saddle is forming or its ready. Its really hard to gauge but generally its obvious when shes got a full saddle. All thats needed to complete the reaction is a moult and youll be on your way. The last picture you uploaded has a saddled girl that looks ready.

Thanks guys for the info It makes it a little harder to get the final product if sexing is not an exact science till egg are forming so that's a challenge n I like challenges. Should be getting racking this week from bunnings and then some tanks can't wait to pimp some shrimp :P

Blanched some baby spinach leaves and boy did they flock to it and no one got off it for quite a while.....seems these things just eat n eat.

Did I mention i'm loven these lil critters :)