Hello from Canberra

Gareth

Hi Everybody

My name is Gareth and I live in Canberra. I've kept fish (freshwater and marine) on and off for about 20 years but I'm new to shrimp. I've got ten crystal reds on the way to me. I hope to gain a bit of knowledge from you all. The tank that the shrimp will go into is an aqua one aquanano 40. Fairly heavily planned with anubias drift wood, hygro, and a few swords. I've also replaced the fluro tube with a clip on LED.

Gareth

Welcome to the forum Gareth, we love pic on this forum so whack up some pics of your tanks. This is the place to be for shrimp knowledge, hope you enjoy the forum as much as we do :victorious:

tumblr_mgvw5jZNhy1s2n40ho1_400_zpsce79a253.jpg

Welcome Gareth. Keep posting and the forum will one up for you....or the premium membership for $12.50 will give you access to the entire forum...

Hi Gareth, Great to see another local on the forums.

It's sounds like you have plenty of experience maintaining good water parameters in aquariums which CRS will need.

• HOF Member

Welcome Gareth you will find heaps of helpful information here. Lots of people willing to share their knowledge with you. Feel free to ask questions. Hope you enjoy our forum:encouragement:

Wow, so many responses. This is obviously a very active forum. I'll try to get a few pics up soon. I've just changed my hygro for some bacopa hoping that it'll do well under low light. My shrimp arrived yesterday and they look fantastic. The seller gave me 10 CRS and 2 extra CBS and also a gold shrimp! Very excited at the moment!

Gareth

Hello Gareth welcome to SKF ENJOY!

Quick question, how do you attach pictures? I'm using a mobile as we don't have an actual computer.

The best way to do it is with photobucket, create an account(don't use the mobile site) then upload the pic, then look down the right side for a tab called "Image Links" then just copy the "IMG code" & paste it in your post, simple :victorious:

funny-cat-laughing-evil_zps046d2781.jpg

Subscribe (FREE) to photobucket...use/copy the "Direct Link" code, to the insert image icon above to the URL field, and it's all done....I probably haven't explained it very clearly.....but I'm sure another member will respond and confirm soon...

Image Links

Email & IM

Direct link

HTML code

IMG code

Lol, you're doing it the hard way BB, just copy & paste the "IMG code" directly into the post. It's not easy to get the URL box on a mobile, especially if you're zooming in to read it :encouragement:

I can't seem to be able to paste the img code into this site. I can copy the file from photo bucket but just can't paste it here.

If you're using an iPhone tap the screen slowly twice & "select", "select" all & "paste" should come up, just hit paste :encouragement: it might also be that you haven't posted enough times, the more you post the more access you get :encouragement:

Lol' date=' you're doing it the hard way BB, just copy & paste the "IMG code" directly into the post. It's not easy to get the URL box on a mobile, especially if you're zooming in to read it :encouragement:[/quote']

Whhhhaaaaaat ! You mean there's an easier way ! Thanks squiggle....learnt something new 2day !

Glad to be able to help you for once dude, of course there will be more :encouragement:

• 1 month later...

Welcome Garth to SKF...This forum is loaded with info on shrimp keeping /breeding...