18/19 May Cooktown field trip, spare seat!!!

Hi All

I have a spare seat on the first of many Cape York trips this year, Not going that far up the Cape but Cooktown has a lot to offer.

The purpose of this trip is to look for Crabs. Collect Wallaby creek rainbow fish, Gap creek Trifasciata, Fresh water Morays, Big head Sleepy Cod "a PNG species that is up that way" and photograph Bennett's Tree Kangaroo or at least see one as I have not seen one yet. OH and I guess look for SHRIMP LOL

So there is a seat at the moment, all you have to do is get here and bring camping gear as we will be bases at the Lions Den pubs camp ground.

You will see Black Mountain, Cape Tribulation, Cooktown, many creeks and water falls and beautiful Rain Forest.

Leave Friday lunch time of the 17th and back Monday lunch time the 20th

Bob

If any one is interested, I can post all trips with a seat spare? your call guys

• HOF Member

Mmmmm Lion's Den had the best pizza ever! Love that whole area, have travelled right through up the telegraph track to the tip of cape York . Sadly hadn't heard of shrimp back then (2004) so didn't go looking. Would love to come but alas not this year:(

What a great opportunity! Shame I don't live in fnq any more! It seems I missed out on a whole world of aquatic creature/plant hunting in the years I was up there :(

Sounds fantastic....damn work responsibilities, family, kids, financial..etc LOL...

Will there be any Erio Blood Vomit in your travels ?

• HOF Member

Erio blood vomit must be an awesome plant to have a nasty name like that- got a picture?

Erio blood vomit must be an awesome plant to have a nasty name like that- got a picture?

Some interesting things come up when you google that... LOL... And not what you might think either! :p

• HOF Member

I am so over bloody vomits and stools don't ever want to go there again. Worked in gastroenterology for a while!

• HOF Member

Just googled the plant it's very nice why such a horrible name?

Erio Blood Vomit ?? I was told of a spot to look for it where I am going as well as some other good things

At the moment the sear it untaken, but it is pending a local, first in

Fear not I will take lots of photos to drive you NUTZ with

Bob

Hi All

The seat is up for grabs again

Remember all you have to do is get to Cairns and bring your cloths and camera, There is a lot to see and catch.

Bob

Hey Bob, any chance you can think of me if you find any tarantulas in your travels? There are some nice spiders around Cooktown :)

MR Matt

I have some in mind for you and Matt Black, not sure of what they are but I can give a location when I get a couple, I will be looking for a couple of pairs for my self to try to breed.

Shoot me a PM

Bob

Sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun Bob, I wish I could get the Time off work, DOH! So jealous :victorious: